Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/11/2018 10:19:34 AM(EST)
mslabach

I have the OL1983CJ Clear Matte Inkjet (Inkjet Only) labels. When printing on my Epson WorkForce WF-3640, the ink completely wipes off even after setting for a couple hours. What am I missing here? Wrong labels? Wrong printer settings? Bad ink?
#2 Posted : 10/12/2018 9:52:02 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue and I'll be happy to assist however I can.

Usually this type of problem can be resolved by making an adjustment to the paper type setting within the printer options. Using the Plain Paper or Plain Paper/Bright White Paper paper type settings may result in print that is non-permanent and easily smudged when printing on anything other than plain white copy paper.

When using similar Epson inkjet printer models, I've found that the following paper type settings provide the best results with our clear matte inkjet material:

Photo Paper Glossy
Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Premium Presentation Paper Matte

The paper type settings related to photo printing tend to apply the ink to the surface of the page in a way that promotes better longevity and durability. Some drying time may still be necessary, but definitely not multiple hours. When using the correct paper type settings the print should feel dry and durable to smudging within the first 10-15 minutes, if not sooner.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.