Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/16/2018 3:17:32 PM(EST)
kmyck

I purchased the OL125WG labels for my candles and they burn and discolor when the candle is lit. What labels do OnlineLabels.com have that are heat resistant for candles?

Thanks!
K
#2 Posted : 11/17/2018 1:20:15 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Can you provide some additional details on the discoloration? Are you applying the label directly to the candle?

Applying a label directly on to a candle doesn't normally work. The labels that we sell aren't made to be directly applied to the candle itself. The candle labels that we sell are typically applied on the glass or tin container or applied onto a shrink wrap that goes around the candle (before the customer opens it).

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 11/17/2018 1:42:27 PM(EST)
kmyck

They are applied to the glass jars - not to the candles themselves. I just ordered the inkjet white vinyl labels since I didn't get any feedback prior. They state that they are heat tolerant up to 212 degrees. Hopefully they will work as I have spent a ton of money purchasing both inkjet and laser white gloss labels and matte white labels from your company that won't work for this application.

As far as the discoloration - they turn burnt brown - definitely NOT heat tolerant. That goes for both the inkjet and laser white gloss and matte labels.
#4 Posted : 11/19/2018 11:37:31 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
We typically recommend using one of our weatherproof label materials when labeling candle jars. These label materials tend to hold up to extreme conditions much better than paper-based label materials and generally provide excellent results. The weatherproof white gloss label material that you most recently purchased should work very well for your application.

We've had customers successfully use the non-weatherproof, paper-based white gloss label material on candle jars in the past, but performance can vary depending on the jar or container type. We're always happy to send free samples of any of our label materials for testing with your specific application prior to purchase. You can request free sample sheets by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this information helps. If you need any further details please just let us know.
#5 Posted : 11/19/2018 2:14:18 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
kmyck - I agree with Josh that the weatherproof labels may perform better. That being said, I would like to try to figure out why you are getting discoloration so quickly.

Can you provide any details on the glass jars that you using? I would be interested for our team to do some more research into the issue. It be helpful for us to get a sample of your candle & jar to see if we can figure out why the glass is heating up enough to discolor the label.

I know we have a lot of customers applying the glossy inkjet paper-based labels to the tins and glass jars and I want to see if we can identify what is causing the issue for your specific situation.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com