Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/7/2019 8:32:03 PM(EST)
amp267

United States

New to these forums and first post here.

Can anybody help me with a possible setting to print color labels on my printer. The printer prints great on regular paper but when I go to print labels (2 sheets per 8.5 x 11) it smears the print badly. Anyone know if its a setting or maybe the wrong paper. I normally use the labels to print black and white on my old HP printer with no problem so I know it is laser printer paper. Just seems like it might be to thick and thats why it smears. Any help is greatly appreciated.
#2 Posted : 1/8/2019 9:17:13 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
amp267 -

Adjusting the material type setting within your printer options should resolve the smearing issue that you're experiencing. I was able to locate the manual for your printer model online. Looking at the available options, using the "Labels" or "Heavy glossy" material type settings would likely be your best bet.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: amp267
#3 Posted : 1/8/2019 9:47:02 AM(EST)
amp267

United States

Ill give it a try with some other ones. I've tried about 7 of them with no help. Hopefully I can locate one that works. Thank you so much for the response, I greatly appreciate it
#4 Posted : 1/8/2019 1:22:10 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

amp267 -

Which of our material types are you using? I'll be happy to take another look at the manual and see if there's anything else to recommend, but it would be helpful knowing which type of material you are attempting to print on.
#5 Posted : 1/8/2019 2:30:34 PM(EST)
amp267

United States

Its not actually form you guys. Its just some regular label stuff that I use for printing shipping labels to ship out orders. I print them on another black only HP that I have. I normally have these full color labels printed at FedEx using my labels and they come out great. I found this color printer and toner all for $85 so I figured I would print them myself and save money. So far I'v had had the best results with the setting of "Retail Shelf Edge Labels" Still not perfect and it seems like the toner scratches easily but it looks better. Still have a tone of other possibly paper setting to try.
#6 Posted : 1/9/2019 8:21:50 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

I haven't had the opportunity to use this specific printer model, but as a general rule of thumb you'll want to choose a heavier paper type setting when you're experiencing smearing issues with a laser printer model. This will typically slow the printer feed down while increasing the fusing temperature, allowing for a better bond between the toner and the surface of the sheet. If you haven't already, it may be worth trying the heaviest options like "Extra-heavy glossy" or "Card glossy".
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: amp267
#7 Posted : 1/9/2019 8:49:01 AM(EST)
amp267

United States

Im going to give that a try today. Thank you :)