Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/1/2019 6:08:17 PM(EST)
Melody

United States

Hi. I am looking for a printer that will print on label sheets of .5 X .5 size labels. My HP jammed and it does not have a media selection for labels.
I purchased a laser that was recommended by a store, but the ink fades on the end labels. Any suggestions? I prefer inkjet.
Thanks
#2 Posted : 2/4/2019 10:30:23 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Melody -

Which HP inkjet printer model were you using? What material type setting did you choose when attempting to print your labels? I've had a lot of success using HP inkjet printers over the years to print smaller labels. Most inkjet printer models do not include a material type setting for labels. I've typically had the most success when using a photo or glossy material type setting, but specialty settings like heavy paper or thick paper could potentially work well too. Moving to one of these material type settings should considerably slow down the feed of the sheets through the printer, providing less opportunity for the sheets to move or shift during the printing process.

Regarding the fading print on your laser printer, were you using the material type setting for labels? Most fading or toner fusion issues encountered with a laser printer can be resolved by selecting a heavier material type like glossy photo, labels, or even cardstock. The heavier material type setting will apply a greater fusing temperature and should provide the best results when printing on label sheets.

Before shopping for a new printer I'd definitely recommend testing some of the settings suggested above. You may be able to resolve the issue without resorting to buying another new printer. If you do decide to purchase a new inkjet printer I've had a lot of success with the Canon PIXMA TS9120 recently. I would just recommend following the same suggestion listed above and make sure you're using the photo or glossy material type setting to ensure that the label sheets feed without shifting or moving throughout the printing process.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.