Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/17/2019 3:08:28 PM(EST)
txbee0670

How can I save a grouped image to my computer or to my Images menu to use in various labels?
#2 Posted : 5/18/2019 8:33:58 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Maestro Label Designer doesn't have any automatic or built-in method that allows you to group objects in one design and then easily save the grouped objects for use in another design.

There are a few simple workarounds that you could do though. The first work around would be to do a screen shot of the grouped objects. You could then crop the screen shot and save the grouped objects as an image. Once they are an image, you can upload them as a single image into the Images area of Maestro Label Designer for use in future designs. We are happy to provide more detailed instructions if you are unsure how to do a screen shot and crop it. Just let us know your operating system and whether you are using a Mac or a PC.

Another option is to use the Copy & Paste function within Maestro Label Designer. Just click on the grouped objects that you want to move over to another design and hit the Copy button in the tools header on Maestro Label Designer. You can then start your new design or open an existing design and hit the Paste button found in the tools header on Maestro Label Designer. This will drop the grouped objects on to the new design.

The Copy & Paste method is going to be the best way to preserve the quality of the vector based objects (e.g. shapes, fonts that you created directly in Maestro Label Designer) so if you have non-uploaded images as part of the grouped object, I would recommend the Copy & Paste option over the screenshot option. The downside is the Copy & Paste method won't be quite as easy as adding an image to a design.

Let me know if these recommendations help resolve the issue. We are happy to provide more detailed instructions if you need them.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 5/19/2019 9:11:01 PM(EST)
txbee0670

I greatly appreciate your assistance. While I had tried the second option and I hadn't thought about trying the first one. I'll have to try it and see how much of the integrity of the group is carried over.
May I also say that your program is valued and I appreciate your brand making it available to public.
Thank you.
#4 Posted : 5/19/2019 10:17:29 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm glad we could help. The first option should work well for you. Let us know how it goes and we can make more recommendations if you run into any issues.

Thanks for your business.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com