Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/2/2019 5:10:03 PM(EST)
cfb2504

United States

Background:
I occasionally bake and mail cookies to my daughter at college. We like to have them labeled in case there are allergies, food restriction, etc. While I already have single labels designed for each cookie, I don't always send the mix. To not waste labels, I would like to print a sheet with multiple labels on it.

Problem:
What is the easiest way to choose the labels I need for any particular mailing and add them to one single sheet of OL2682?

I do not want to redesign or type in the entire label every time I do this.

When I look for "multiple designs on one sheet", I find a nice video on how to name the designs on your sheet and choose labels for that design (Strawberry Jam/Blueberry Jam) Unless those names then reference my saved label designs, I don't think that's going to accomplish what I need.

Help, please!

CB
#2 Posted : 7/3/2019 10:42:20 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
You should be able to accomplish what you're requesting by using the Multi Design functionality in Maestro Label Designer. You'd essentially be creating one master template that houses all of the designs for every label you could potentially use for any given print job. There isn't a way to automatically import designs from other saved templates, but you'd only need to recreate the designs one time. Once they're created and saved within the master template you'll be able to pick and choose from your various designs and assign them to specific labels on the sheet each time you need to print a new batch.

You won't necessarily need to recreate the designs completely from scratch. You are able to copy design elements from a previously saved template in Maestro Label Designer and then paste them into a new template. This would be the easiest way to transfer existing designs to a new template.

When you click into the Multi Design tool within Maestro Label Designer you'll notice an orange "Add New Design" button. Clicking into this button will prompt you to name the design and choose a location for where you'd like to place the design on the sheet. Choosing a location is optional, however. You can create a design without immediately assigning it to a label location, and as long as you save the template when you're done designing, that unique design can be chosen and assigned to a location at any point in the future. Once you've named the design and chosen whether you'll assign a location or not, you'll be prompted to design a blank label just like usual. The label can be designed from scratch, or you can copy design elements from a previously saved template and paste them into the new template as mentioned above.

These steps can be repeated until you have your full assortment of label designs saved on your master template. Moving forward, anytime you need to print labels you can open the template, click into the Multi Design tool, and select the Edit Layout button to assign your various label designs to different areas on the sheet.

Below you'll find a guide to using the Multi Design tool in Maestro Label Designer. It will illustrate some of the points I went over above:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/GettingStarted/Multiple-Partial.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 7/3/2019 10:54:31 AM(EST)
cfb2504

United States

Josh
I got it to work. Thanks for the reply!
CB