Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/24/2020 11:57:53 PM(EST)
lokishiba

United States

i'm using a canon pixma pro-100 and trying to print labels using Kraft labels, and printing just 2 colors, green and blue.
The range of colors showing up for blue is VERY limited no matter how many shades of blue i'm throwing at the printer.
Under print setting, i don't see an option for "label" as a printer profile either.

Getting really frustrated as I've used up several kraft label sheets trying to get the right color to print :(
Im using Adobe Illustrator and have tried various canon pixma settings to see how it affects the colors, mostly their matte paper profiles. But they all look fairly muted...

Printer profiles: https://imgur.com/a/owsa7eT

These ones gave me a wider range of blues but still muted..
https://imgur.com/a/hyXEfjO

Heeeeeelp!

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:21:09 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 6/25/2020 11:33:21 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
lokishiba -

I'm sorry to hear about the print quality issues you're experiencing. Printing on an uncoated paper surface can sometimes have a muting effect on colors, especially when printing photographs or high resolution graphics. This is due to how absorbent uncoated paper is compared to coated or glossy photo papers.

It sounds as if you're selecting the most appropriate media type setting by using the matte photo paper options. I haven't used the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 personally, but based on my experience with other Canon inkjet printers the matte photo paper options should provide the best print quality with uncoated paper surfaces.

If you're still unhappy with the appearance of the colors you may also need to alter the print quality setting. Uncoated paper materials tend to require a higher ink volume compared to coated photo papers, due to the absorbency of the paper material. With the media type set to matte photo paper, I'd try adjusting the print quality to the highest or best level. This should increase the ink volume and result in more vivid, vibrant colors.

While looking through some troubleshooting documents for the Canon PIXMA Pro line of printers, I did see that some models have specific color options for brightness, intensity, and saturation. I would definitely check your printer settings and see if those options are available, as they could definitely help provide more vibrant colors as well.

Some trial and error may be required to dial in the settings that provide the best results. If you need some additional sheets for testing, please visit the link below to enter a free sample request:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:35:24 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: lokishiba