Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/25/2020 10:54:15 PM(EST)
secretmushroom

United States

Hi! I'm brand new to printing anything myself but I came across an extremely good deal on a used Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer that I just couldn't pass up. So I just placed an order for OL177 white gloss and clear matte sticker paper to try printing my own stickers for my Etsy shop!

I was wondering what printer settings y'all use with these papers? Or any other of the inkjet compatible papers that you've found success with. (:

Also, this is an unrelated newbie question, but do y'all use CMYK or RGB to print? I keep seeing mixed answers for this thru Google.
#2 Posted : 7/27/2020 12:46:45 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. I haven't had an opportunity to use the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 myself, but a good rule of thumb for any desktop inkjet printer is to select a photo or glossy media type setting with these material types. This will typically provide the best results in terms of print quality and durability. I

I can't speak to the specific differences between CMYK and RGB and how they might affect the print results with your artwork. Some trial and error may be necessary to pinpoint the optimal settings. I was able to locate a forum on Canon's site specifically for their professional photo printers. The Pro-100 is referenced frequently and some of the posts look extremely informative and in depth. If you're having any issues with color duplication you may want to check there. I've provided a link to their forums below:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/bd-p/proprinters#

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.