Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/14/2020 7:50:29 PM(EST)
kaderoy

Canada

i’m using waterproof or weatherproof glossy sticker paper! whenever moisture touches the sticker it becomes tacky & sticky! any help would be appreciated! should i laminate?
#2 Posted : 9/15/2020 10:32:36 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
kaderoy -

This is a known characteristic of the weatherproof gloss inkjet material. The material features a special topcoat that absorbs and encapsulates the ink to protect it against contact with moisture. The topcoat on the glossy version of this material features a component that will result in some tackiness when introduced to moisture. Unfortunately, this component is absolutely necessary to providing the attractive, high-gloss appearance that remains durable even after ink is applied to the surface of the sheet. The tackiness that occurs is not indicative of a damaged label and will not result in any kind of ink transfer onto the hands. Once the label has dried the tackiness will go away.

I haven't tested laminating this label material so I can't speak to its performance with that type of application. It might be worth testing a single sheet with lamination to see how it performs. It would definitely resolve the tackiness if you're happy with the appearance of the material after laminating.

We also carry a weatherproof matte inkjet material that won't exhibit any tackiness when in direct contact with moisture. It doesn't have the glossy finish, but it is still capable of producing attractive, professional looking color prints. You can view this material at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...roof-matte-inkjet-labels

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.