Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/7/2020 10:56:55 AM(EST)
Tfinn

United States

I’ve been getting the OL175WG labels for my bottle and package labeling. I cut several different sizes so I like the 1 sheet option. BUT when I put labels on my bottles I noticed if I’m not careful I can smear it and there’s almost always black transference onto my hands. It’s the black only, I print full color labels and it prints nice and vibrant and none of the other colors transfer except black. I have an Epson Inkjet Eco tank. Suggestions on possibly a different label sheet you might have or how to prevent the transference?
#2 Posted : 12/7/2020 11:45:33 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Tfinn -

Have you tried adjusting the paper type option within the printer settings? The Epson EcoTank printers are set as default to print on plain copy paper. Changing the paper type option to "Premium Photo Paper Glossy" should provide more durable print results and reduce the chances of the black ink smearing once the sheets leave the printer. Even after changing the paper type setting you should still allow for some drying time before attempting to place the labels on your bottles.

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information.
#3 Posted : 2/9/2021 10:51:44 PM(EST)
kadsjhfg

thanks this was helpful