Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/22/2020 5:57:24 AM(EST)
lbrent

United States

I'm trying to type a simple ingredient label. Everytime I get going it takes a few seconds to a full minute for the program to catch up to my typing. Then I get a page unresponsive. Just unbelievable that it keeps not allowing me to put simple words in a long ingredient list. I click wait and the page disappears (for ever) never to reload. My frustration level is in the red right now. Trying to get product out the door and nothing is working.
#2 Posted : 12/22/2020 12:25:32 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re experiencing. I sent your post and account information to the development team so they could try to diagnose the problem.

They noticed some recent designs using our OL131 template that appear to have a large ingredient list duplicated three times across the 8” x 5” label. Are you cutting these printed labels into three separate labels?

The amount of text placed on this single template does seem to be causing performance issues. The development team has said they will begin looking into better optimization of text within Maestro Label Designer, but I don’t have a firm estimate on when any updates to that functionality may be complete.

In the meantime, there are a couple of suggestions that should allow you to proceed with printing your labels.

The easiest workaround would likely be to format your text in another program, like Microsoft Word or Google Docs, exactly as you’d like it to appear on your labels. Then you can take a screen shot of that text block, crop it down to the appropriate size, and upload it as an image within Maestro Label Designer. This would allow you to duplicate the block of text multiple times on the same template without overloading the program.

Aside from the screen shot method, using a different product and template could potentially resolve your issue – especially if you are cutting the 8” x 5” label into three individual labels. We have a 2.5” x 5” label with six labels per page that should fit your ingredient text blocks perfectly. You can view this product at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/ol9350

The template for this product would allow you to enter a single text block, rather than placing three next to one another on the same label. This should dramatically improve the performance of the program.

I apologize again for this issue. We are absolutely planning to address optimization for designs that incorporate larger amounts of text in a future update to the program, but hopefully these suggestions will help in the short term. If you’re unable to use the OL131 labels in the meantime we’re happy to take them back for a full refund so that you can move to the OL9350 template if you think that label size will be suitable.

You can initiate a product return at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/support/returns

If you’d like assistance with any of the troubleshooting methods listed above, please contact our customer service team by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx