Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/16/2021 4:24:32 PM(EST)
Jadacat

United States

I’ve been having some difficulty with my current printer; HP officejet 4650. Every time I try to print with the settings set to glossy the paper jams. i can’t seem to find any answers online.
#2 Posted : 3/18/2021 4:50:57 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the jamming issues that you're experiencing. Usually adjusting the material type will resolve this type of issue. I know you mentioned adjusting the paper type setting to glossy already, but if there are any other photo or glossy paper type settings it may be worth checking those as well to see if they help improve the feed through the printer. Beyond adjusting the paper type setting there are a couple other things you can try that may improve your results.

Have you tried using the manual document feeder located on the back of the printer? Using a manual feeder typically provides a simpler feed path through the printer model. This can definitely help resolve jamming issues, especially with specialized materials like glossy or weatherproof label sheets.

If you're using the tray to load the label sheets, try loading a small stack of plain white copy paper into the tray first. Then place the label sheets on top of this stack of plain copy paper. Having the tray at least partially filled will typically provide more consistent results when it comes to feeding and printer jam errors. Just make sure not to overfill the tray beyond the specified fill line.

I was able to locate the printer manual for the HP OfficeJet 4650 and it looks like there are a couple of automated cleaning processes located within the settings. Running these cleaning processes with plain paper loaded in the tray may help with jamming issues as well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional assistance please contact our customer service team directly by dialing 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

One of our team members will be more than happy to personally assist you in troubleshooting any issues that may come up.