Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/20/2021 9:19:00 AM(EST)
wendy

United States

I am using the OL32AT .5 circle template. Unfortunately, the borders are printing around each individual label. I could possibly live with that if they actually aligned with the label when it is printed. However, I have set it up in Word (Office 365) and Adobe PDF and it doesn't align exactly with either print job and it prints the borders on both as well.

This is a nightmare and I have already wasted a tremendous amount of time with this. Please help!
#2 Posted : 7/20/2021 11:41:04 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. The Adobe PDF templates are meant to be used in a design program like Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop where the label borders can be easily hidden or deleted after designing. If you're not using one of these design programs there may not be an easy way to remove the borders when printing.

The label borders shouldn't print when using the Microsoft Word templates, but performance can vary to some degree since there are so many different versions of Word on the market at this point. I'll definitely submit this issue to our development team for review, but in the meantime you should be able to manually remove the label borders from the Word template by clicking to the left of the template when it's opened within Microsoft Word. Clicking to the left should highlight the entire page. Once the entire page appears to be highlighted, press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. This should remove the borders and ensure that they won't appear when printing.

If you need to step-by-step assistance with alignment, or with any other issues related to our templates, our customer service team will be more than happy to assist. You can reach them by phone at 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a support ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelab...port/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 11/20/2022 1:15:50 PM(EST)
howdohio

United States

In the Microsoft Word template, each label is an object. If you highlight one label (object), you can then format the object and remove the outline or change the line color. You can highlight multiple labels (objects) using SHIFT-CLICK, but I could not find a way to just highlight the entire page and remove the borders at once.
#4 Posted : 11/21/2022 9:38:55 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When downloading the Microsoft Word template, you may need to delete the label outline (dieline) before designing and printing. As Josh mentioned in his previous post, the most efficient way to do this is to double-click with your mouse in the upper-left margin of the template. You should see the entire template highlighted at this point. Then click delete on your keyboard. This should delete the label dielines only and leave the template grid behind.

If you need the label outline to be visible while you're designing, you'll have to manually click on each one to delete before printing.

I would recommend trying our Maestro Label Designer at the link below. This is OnlineLabels' exclusive software created specifically for label designing. It provides the label outline (or dieline) for ease of designing, but is not visible when printing.

You can access the software here: https://maestro.onlinelabels.com/designer/maestro.aspx. Or visit the following link to review our online tutorials: https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles?category=maestro-label-designer-support.
#5 Posted : 1/18/2023 11:13:08 AM(EST)
CarmenKramer

United States

I know this works for Word docs. It should work with any template that uses tables. It's a bit of a work around but it beats deleting each border individually. Before printing, ctrl A (to select all). Again, holding ctrl A buttons down single click on outside border of the template on the left hand side, but do not release the mouse button. This keeps all of the borders selected and not the text. While continuing to hold the mouse button down, release ctrl A buttons. You can then release mouse button and hit delete button.