Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/30/2021 4:14:09 PM(EST)
Clark Acupuncture

I have purchased the OL160LP Labels and when I put them into my printer which is a Brother TN310 the labels became very charged with static electricity, and the ink from the rollers leave ink lines all the way across the labels. I even tried wiping them down with Dryer Sheets thinking that would combat the static, it did not work.

Any suggestions?
#2 Posted : 11/1/2021 10:38:24 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. I tried looking up your printer model to see if I could provide any additional guidance on potential adjustments that could be made to improve the print results, but it looks like you may have provided the toner cartridge number rather than the printer model number itself. If you'll double check the model number on the printer I'll be happy to take a closer look to see if there's anything else to recommend.

Static electricity will always be present to some extent with weatherproof film products that are designed for use in laser printers. A few years ago we introduced a new liner/backing for the weatherproof polyester material that is designed to dissipate as much of the static electricity buildup as possible, but unfortunately the static can't ne neutralized entirely. Usually there are adjustments that can be made in the printer settings to help alleviate print quality issues that may occur. If you'll get back to us with the printer model number, I'll be happy to track down the manual and see if I can make some suggestions based specifically on the model you're using.