Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/12/2022 7:02:21 PM(EST)
MelissaB

United States

Hi there, I currently use a commercial laser jet printer to print my Matte 2"x 4" sticker sheets. While building a house I am living in an RV for 6 months and can't bring it with me. I am looking for a smaller desktop laser printer that has great printer margins. I have come in to issues with many of the laser printers not having printer margins small enough to print all 10 (5 on left, 5 on right) of my sticker sheets. The margins don't cover the edges. Do you have any specific laser printer recommendations that you know print well and have smaller printer margins?
Thank you!
#2 Posted : 3/15/2022 12:32:37 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MelissaB Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, I currently use a commercial laser jet printer to print my Matte 2"x 4" sticker sheets. While building a house I am living in an RV for 6 months and can't bring it with me. I am looking for a smaller desktop laser printer that has great printer margins. I have come in to issues with many of the laser printers not having printer margins small enough to print all 10 (5 on left, 5 on right) of my sticker sheets. The margins don't cover the edges. Do you have any specific laser printer recommendations that you know print well and have smaller printer margins?
Thank you!

Unfortunately, I haven't encountered a desktop laser printer that reliably allows for full coverage on the OL125 sheet layout due to the small 0.18" left and right margins. Of all the laser printer models I've tested, the HP Color LaserJet M452dn comes the closest, leaving just a tiny sliver of white (approximately 0.01") on the right margin. I've tested other HP Color LaserJet Pro models that leave significantly more space on at least one of the sides of the page (0.0625" or more), so there appears to be inconsistency even within the same series of printer models. The HP Color LaserJet M452dn is an older model at this point, but if you can track one down you might find that it provides a workable print for you.

Another alternative solution may be to temporarily move to a different label size that features a sheet layout with larger left and right margins. Our closest available size would be:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/ol171

This label is 3.75" x 2" and features much more generous margins that should allow for any desktop laser printer to cover both columns of labels entirely. Going this route would yield two less labels per page, and would require a redesign on the template, so if you're using a large number of different designs it may not be a viable option. If you're printing a small number of designs though, it could potentially be a fallback plan to get you through until you can begin using your commercial laser printer again. If you'd like to try sample sheets of this item you can enter a request at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/samples

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.