Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/2/2022 4:45:19 PM(EST)
bonvo

United States

Hey! I've been testing out printing labels on a laser printer using the glossy clear labels. I have an HP printer that just prints in black and it's much darker than what my new brother printer is. I just got this Brother HL-L3270CDW since it can also do color, but I can't seem to get my blacks to be close to what my HP can do. I've been trying to mess around with settings, but it doesn't really seem like I'm getting anywhere. For what it's worth, I've been trying out "Glossy" and the "Label" paper options with "Fine" as the print quality. For color settings, I've been using "Vivid" and also tried using the setting "Enhance Black Printing" but no luck. Do you think it's possible that the Brother just isn't capable of printing as dark as the HP? I will hunt down a color version of the HP if I have to, but figured I would see if anyone has any suggestions before I make that move.
#2 Posted : 6/3/2022 9:44:25 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I haven't had a chance to use the Brother HL-L3270CDW, but I was able to locate the manual online and find some troubleshooting suggestions that may improve the color output and density. If you'd like to reference the manual for any of the suggestions mentioned below, you can view it by clicking the following link:

https://download.brother.com/welcome/doc100913/cv_hll3210cw_use_oug_b.pdf

You're using appropriate settings for both paper type and print quality. You've already tried the "Enhance Black Printing" option, which is suggested in the manual to provide better density to black print specifically. Here are a few additional things you may want to try:

- If the color is too light or faint, try using the LCD screen on the printer itself to perform a color calibration.

- Make sure that toner save mode is disabled in the settings. The manual indicates that toner save mode can be toggled from the LCD screen or from the printer driver settings.

- If the "Improve Gray Color" check box is enabled, try disabling it. According to the manual, disabling this setting can improve general color output.

I think it's definitely worth experimenting with these options before shopping for a new printer. If you do decide to look for a new printer after exhausting the suggestions provided by the manual, I've always experienced excellent results with the HP Color LaserJet Pro series of printers across our selection of laser compatible materials.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.