Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/9/2022 8:59:50 AM(EST)
jryan@orionpros.com

United States

We have used the polyester labels for a number of different situations. Outdoor HVAC has been our most popular. I have a new customer who has asked if they are are sun resistant. I'm thinking they are as sun resistant as any non-UV coated material would be. But looking for some input from other users or the pros at Online Labels.
#2 Posted : 8/9/2022 3:54:45 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. This material will hold up very well in direct contact with moisture, but will be susceptible to fading over time when exposed permanently to direct sunlight. As you mentioned in your original post, the material offers no UV protection after it's been printed unless you choose to treat the printed label material with a UV coating or laminate of some kind.

Ultimately, there's no good way to estimate how long the label will last before fading since it's so dependent upon environmental factors. If you're able to position the label on a HVAC unit in a manner that keeps it out of sunlight for the majority of the day, the label should have a considerable lifespan. Some customers do choose to apply a UV coating in the form of a spray or a laminate to increase the durability in direct sunlight.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.