Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/10/2023 3:34:08 PM(EST)
Remy

United States

I'm sure this has been asked before but having a hard time finding a recent answer through search, most I found were a bit dated so I'll ask (again):
What do you recommend for printing (color designs, logos and words) onto the OL4607LP Weatherproof Polyester Laser paper?
I'd say we print at a pretty decent volume (~25K labels/week).
Our current HP Color LaserJet Pro M478F-9f has been working pretty good but it's getting worse and worse and thinking it's just due for replacement.
I bought a Brother HL-L8360CDW but thinking about returning it as I don't think it's robust enough and we can't seem to get the alignment to print correctly (we do have your alignment guide).
Any printer recommendations for our printing needs?
Thank you in advance.
#2 Posted : 1/10/2023 4:29:57 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi, Remy! Thanks for reaching out to us. HP's Color LaserJet series is what we typically recommend for laser printer models. We've tested a variety of printer models from several major manufacturers on our laser compatible materials and have consistently seen great print results with the HP Color LaserJet models. You mentioned that your HP is getting worse and due for a replacement, and that you're also experiencing alignment issues with the Brother printer model. Can you provide some additional details about these issues that you're experiencing with your printers so I can provide some troubleshooting suggestions?

Regarding the alignment issue on your Brother printer, you may want to try adjusting the paper type settings in the printer properties if you haven't already. Using thicker, heavier paper type options like photo, glossy, or labels will slow down the print feed and minimize shifting that can cause misalignment. The specialty paper type settings can also help improve print quality.

If you need direct assistance, we're also available by phone at 1-888-575-2235 or you can submit a support ticket at the link below.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx
#3 Posted : 1/12/2023 5:24:55 PM(EST)
Remy

United States

Thanks for you reply, here are the details of our main issue:
Artwork for label is uploaded into Maestro
We adjust the artwork to fit within the box.
We print one to do test alignment, test page is good.
File is saved as pdf, but then when we print the alignment is off. The artwork falls outside the box leaving a white line on top or bottom of the label.
Also, sometimes the top of the page will be aligned but as we're printing this shifts and will be off later, sometimes even on the same page.
This happens when printing using fit to printable area or fit to 100
I did change the settings to very heavy duty glossy paper but didn't seem to make a difference.
Any other suggestions?
#4 Posted : 1/13/2023 5:33:38 AM(EST)
aoife_oshea

Ireland

Would these work for clothes?
#5 Posted : 1/13/2023 9:16:10 AM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you for following up with those details. There's always going to be some level of shifting in the printer which is why we recommend adding a bleed to the design. Any borders or backgrounds should extend past the edge of the label by 1/8" (0.125") on all sides. This should prevent the white edges you mentioned. Although the printer shift is inevitable, you can reduce this by continuing to use a heavy paper type setting like photo, glossy, labels, or cardstock. If either of your printers have a manual feed tray, this can help as well by providing a more direct paper path.

To make sure this alignment issue isn't due to page scaling, I would recommend keeping the scale set to 100 or print from Adobe Reader at Actual Size. If you still see that the label alignment is varying throughout the sheet with these recommended settings, try reinstalling or updating the printer driver. This can help when the Scale 100 or Actual Size settings are not correctly sizing the PDF due to system or browser updates.

I hope these additional suggestions help. Just let me know if you need any more assistance.
#6 Posted : 1/13/2023 9:49:49 AM(EST)
Jessica

Hello Aoife and welcome! The Weatherproof Polyester Laser material, along with our other material options, is not made specifically for clothing. However, you can use this material temporarily on clothing for applications like name tags or price tags, but it would not be recommended for permanent clothing labels or tags especially if it will be exposed to washing machine cycles.