Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/9/2023 10:05:52 PM(EST)
bchem

United States

Hello!

I'm having issues with ink showing up on my clear gloss laser labels. I have a HP Color laserjet Pro M454dw and can't seem to get it to work. Should I be using a different printer or is their something else I need to do?
#2 Posted : 3/10/2023 8:57:25 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced with the Clear Gloss Laser (CL) material and will be happy to help address these concerns.

We have tested this material on a variety of desktop laser printers, including models similar to the HP printer you're using. Since most printers don't offer white toner to add as an underlay to the print, you will notice that printed images and text will have some transparency on clear material and that colors may look lighter or more faded compared to printing on opaque print media.

For an optimal print result on clear label material, try adjusting the material type setting to Labels, Glossy, or Transparency. After you have changed the material type, you can also attempt to increase the print quality from normal to best.

If you can try these recommendations, you should see an improvement in the output on the Clear Gloss Laser labels. If you continue to run into issues with print quality, please feel free to reply to this post. You can also reach our Customer Support Team at 1-888-575-2235 for additional support.