Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/13/2023 10:07:08 PM(EST)
LabelPrinting

United States

Hi - I am using a Brother HL-L3230CDW printer to print on precut Weatherproof Polyester Laser Labels. To achieve an edge to edge colored label I am designing the label color to bleed over the edges of the labels. However the result is a messy border on the edge of each label as well as some lines that that go down past the precut line. Any tips on reducing this issue? Thanks in advance!

Precut label printing issue
#2 Posted : 5/15/2023 8:58:02 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for reaching out to us and providing the image. I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing some print quality issues. From your order history, it looks like you're using our Weatherproof Polyester Laser (LP) material in your Brother HL-L3230CDW laser printer. From the image provided, it appears you're experiencing ghosting, where the toner is not fully fusing to the material and is being transferred to other areas of the sheet.

The best way to combat this is to adjust the printer's media/paper type setting to a thicker or heavier option. Your model does offer Glossy Paper as a media type which our Product Development Team has found to be an affective choice when printing specialty materials in Brother printer models. However, Bond and Labels are also recommended media types to try out.

If you continue to experience issues printing, please let me know, and I can continue troubleshooting with you.
#3 Posted : 5/25/2023 12:59:34 AM(EST)
LabelPrinting

United States

Thank you so much for the tips! We tried all of the printing options you mentioned and photo glossy was the best of the bunch but still left us with a decent amount of "ghosting." Any other tips or ideas you might recommend we try? Thank you again for the help!

Weatherproof Vinyl Ghosting
#4 Posted : 5/25/2023 8:31:07 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm glad to hear that the photo glossy setting improved the results. But let's see if we can get this fully resolved for you.

I reviewed Brother's troubleshooting tips for ghosting/double-printing. Brother does suggest changing the media type but also mentions enabling the Improve Toner Fixing setting. For Windows, you can find this under the Advanced tab in the Printing Preferences. Click on Other Print Options > Improve Print Output > Improve Toner Fixing > Apply > Ok.

Before doing this, I would first follow their other suggestion of performing a manual cleaning of the drum. Cleaning the rollers can also help by removing any residual toner from your previous prints.

I hope this helps!