Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/19/2023 11:42:37 AM(EST)
louise121980

United Kingdom

Has anyone found a way to hot foil on clear stickers. I have tried everything and now I'm thinking it's just not possible with the clear glossy stickers :(
#2 Posted : 6/19/2023 12:50:40 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, Louise! I'm sorry to hear that you're having some difficulty foiling the clear stickers. While our Clear Gloss Laser (CL) material is often used by customers for foiling, it is primarily intended for laser printing only. We've done some internal testing on popular foiling and laminating machines with success. However, some customers have found mixed results.

So I can better address your concerns, would you please confirm the label material and foiling machine you're currently working with? If you'd like for us to investigate the lot you received, just give us a call at 1-88-575-2235 or submit a support ticket below with your order details.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx
#3 Posted : 6/19/2023 1:53:17 PM(EST)
louise121980

United Kingdom

Hi thanks for your response.

The labels used are EU30021CL - clear gloss laser.
The machine used was Heidi Minc. I have tried the the different settings with no luck. Foil is being transferred where there is no toner.

I am really hoping to find a solution to this! :)
#4 Posted : 6/19/2023 4:36:25 PM(EST)
Jessica

Thank you for confirming the product number and the machine model. I see that you purchased from our U.K. site. The label stock provided by our U.K. division is not produced from the same raw materials that we've tested here in the U.S. so I'm not able to verify how these perform in Heidi Minc foiling machines.

The U.K. label stock, Clear Gloss Laser (CL) is intended for printing with laser printers and is not recommended for foiling. However, I've reached out to our U.K. division's Customer Support Team to follow up with you if any recommendations are available.
#5 Posted : 6/20/2023 3:05:35 AM(EST)
louise121980

United Kingdom

Thank you for your help. This is such a shame that the stickers in the UK are different. I have already looked at ordering from the USA site, however shipping is very expensive at $300 for half of what I would need :(
#6 Posted : 6/20/2023 10:02:58 AM(EST)
Jessica

I understand the frustration and apologize for the inconvenience with the variation in materials between our U.S. and U.K. online stores, as well as the international shipping costs. We work with our carriers to keep these shipping fees as low as possible, but these fees are determined by the carriers based on weight, size, and destination. There are some alternatives that our international customers will use. Some choose to ship with a freight forwarder, and some arrange for their carrier to pick up from our facilities. You're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team directly by submitting a support ticket here. We're happy to work with you in finding an alternative shipping option.

Before you commit to a larger order, you can request free samples here to test our U.S. Clear Gloss Laser (CL) with your Minc foiling machine. For samples sent outside of the U.S. and Canada, there is a small postage fee of $13.95.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to continue replying here or contact our team at the link provided above.
#7 Posted : 9/24/2023 2:51:38 AM(EST)
JustinJames

United States

Hot foiling on clear glossy stickers is challenging because the foil typically adheres to the underlying surface. One way to achieve this is to use a heat-resistant adhesive for the foil, but success can be inconsistent due to the transparent nature of the sticker. While not impossible, it requires experimentation and specialized materials.