Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/13/2023 4:35:55 PM(EST)
Ryan W

United States

Well my trusty Brother 5370DW is struggling and I am thinking its time for a new printer after 15 or so years. I print honey labels on the white glossy stock and would love to hear any recommendations for a good laser printer. I always felt like my brother was good with text but struggled with the images and would be curious if other brands might be better.
Thanks
Ryan
#2 Posted : 9/14/2023 9:02:24 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, Ryan! I'm happy to help. Our Product Testing Team has found HP brand printers to be highly effective for color printing. We recommend printers from their Color LaserJet series, which offers a range of options at different prices and with various features. Although we can't test every new model, our customers have given positive feedback about the newer models when using our laser label materials.

When choosing one of the HP models, you'll want to review the specifications to ensure it can handle coated papers like our White Gloss Laser (WS). You'll also want to consider the printable area of the printer. Many printers have a non-printable margin which can limit printing to the very edge of the sheet or label, especially when dealing with narrow margins.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.

#3 Posted : 9/14/2023 12:40:30 PM(EST)
Ryan W

United States

Thanks. Does the recommendation for HP stand with black and white laser as well?
Thanks

Originally Posted by: Jessica R. Go to Quoted Post
Hello, Ryan! I'm happy to help. Our Product Testing Team has found HP brand printers to be highly effective for color printing. We recommend printers from their Color LaserJet series, which offers a range of options at different prices and with various features. Although we can't test every new model, our customers have given positive feedback about the newer models when using our laser label materials.

When choosing one of the HP models, you'll want to review the specifications to ensure it can handle coated papers like our White Gloss Laser (WS). You'll also want to consider the printable area of the printer. Many printers have a non-printable margin which can limit printing to the very edge of the sheet or label, especially when dealing with narrow margins.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.

#4 Posted : 9/14/2023 2:06:56 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We haven't tested HP's monochrome printers to speak to their performance. However, the monochrome printer models we've worked with in the past have been comparable in quality. If you go with a monochrome printer instead of a color laser printer, just make sure you still check the printer's specifications to make sure it can support the glossy coated paper.