Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/25/2023 8:55:35 AM(EST)
JustinJames

United States

I am in the process of creating custom stickers and labels for my business, and I have been overwhelmed by the multitude of adhesive options available. I have heard the terms "permanent adhesive," "removable adhesive," and "repositionable adhesive," but I am not entirely clear on their differences or when to use each.

I want my stickers and labels to adhere well to a variety of surfaces, but I also want the option to remove or reposition them without leaving residue or damaging the underlying surface in some cases. Could you please provide guidance on how to select the right adhesive for different scenarios? Are there any industry standards or best practices I should be aware of when choosing adhesive types for custom stickers and labels? Any advice or recommendations from experienced professionals in the sticker and label industry would be greatly appreciated.
#2 Posted : 9/25/2023 9:36:56 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for reaching out to us. We currently offer two types of adhesives in our product line: permanent and removable. The permanent adhesive is intended to bond permanently to the surface for long-term use and not be easily removed. The removable adhesive is designed for temporary applications to remove the label without a residue left behind or damaging the label.

Since the adhesives don't fully bond to the surface immediately after applying, you can usually reposition the label if needed. This would depend on several factors, including the surface and environment.

Below are links to our permanent and removable options. Although our permanent adhesive materials are of similar strength, we also have the Aggressive White Matte (AT), which is paper-based and has a stronger adhesive for surfaces like cardboard boxes or textured applications. It is a great label material for general use when a stronger adhesive is required.

www.onlinelabels.com/uses/permanent-labels

www.onlinelabels.com/materials/removable-labels

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction. You're welcome to reply here with any other questions. I'm happy to help in any way I can.