Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/27/2023 9:57:00 PM(EST)
bvandehey

United States

Hi everyone,
I've been searching far and wide for a solution for this and am hopeful someone on here and offer some advice.
I've tried just about every type of 'clear gloss' label, and have not been able to find something that is 100% clear (transparent) on clear glass.

I have found that clear laser printer labels look far better than inkjet after about 2 weeks of adhesion to the glass, even after using a hairdryer. I'm stumped, and unfortunately I'd like to use inkjet for print resolution reasons.

Do any of you have suggestions for (1) a crystal clear inkjet label (gloss or matte doesn't matter) or (2) a way to dry / cure the laser labels faster after application?

I'd happily offer a free order of my fragrance product - see quickspritzgifts.etsy.com - to the person that provides a suitable answer!

Thanks in advance!
Brady
#2 Posted : 11/28/2023 9:27:11 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with our Clear Gloss Inkjet (CK). This material, as well as the Clear Gloss Laser (CL), features a high-clarity acrylic adhesive. This adhesive will typically 'wet out' once acclimated to its new environment, allowing the adhesive to spread evenly and allow for transparency.

A two-week timeframe is not typically needed for the adhesive to acclimate. The issue you're experiencing could be environmental or isolated to the batch of labels received. Would you be able to provide any additional details on the application process?

If you'd like to try some samples from another lot in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team at the following link: https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx.