Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/20/2023 2:07:59 PM(EST)
Jayce

United States

I am writing to discuss a concern with the OL875LP Weatherproof Polyester Laser Labels that I recently purchased from your company. These labels are advertised as being ideal for label applications where high durability is important or a waterproof label is required. Furthermore, this material is noted for its use on essential oil bottles, other glass surfaces, resistance to tearing and its specific design for laser printers, which made it seem like an excellent choice for my needs.

However, I have encountered some issues with these labels. Before applying them, I thoroughly cleaned the curved 10ml glass bottles with alcohol and ensured they were completely dry. I applied the labels meticulously, starting from the center and smoothing outwards with significant pressure, being careful not to damage the glass. After application, the labels were left undisturbed for a period ranging from 24 to 48 hours(Even tested with a fresh non printed sticker). I printed these labels using a Brother MFC-L3750CDW Digital Color All-in-One Printer.

Despite these careful preparations, I observed that the label edges began to peel off when subjected to minimal contact with water. This issue seemed to progressively worsen, eventually leading to the labels detaching completely, though they could be reattached once dried.

For the past six years, I have been using your inkjet weatherproof gloss labels, which consistently met my expectations in both quality and durability. Having recently shifted to a laser printer, primarily for foil application using toner, I was prompted to switch to a laser-compatible label option. Unfortunately, the adhesive performance of the OL875LP labels does not seem to match the high standards set by the inkjet labels.

Could you please provide some guidance on this matter? Maybe I received a defected product? Are there specific steps I can take to enhance the adhesive performance of these labels, or could you suggest an alternative product from your range that would align with my requirements for durability and quality, akin to the inkjet weatherproof gloss labels?

I greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter, as the reliability of these labels is crucial for my product presentation and customer satisfaction.
#2 Posted : 12/20/2023 5:00:40 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that the edges of the labels are lifting and will be happy to help resolve this for you. The Weatherproof Polyester Laser (LP) has a strong adhesive and works well with most applications, dry or wet. For 10 ml bottles, our OL875 is a common size as it provides significant coverage, wrapping well around the curve of the bottle. However, the way a label is applied can affect how well the adhesive bonds to the surface. Below are our recommendations for applying labels, including cleaning the surface as you mentioned.

• Clean your hands and the application surface. Any debris, dust, moisture, or natural oils can interfere with the adhesive, weakening the bond.
  • Apply the center of the label first and then work out toward the edges. This reduces some of the tension on the ends of the label which will help it stay down.
  • Use pressure when sticking the labels to your surface. Our products are pressure-sensitive, so more pressure equates to a stronger adhesive bond.
If the labels are still lifting following these exact steps, you may want to consider moving to a different size label. Using a larger label can provide better adhesion as it offers more surface area for the adhesive. If you decide to use a larger label and overlap the edges, make sure to allow for an overlap length of 0.25" (1/4"). If the overlap is shorter than that, it may result in lifting.

We're happy to send samples if you'd like to test a few different sizes on your bottles. You can request free sample sheets by visiting the link below or I can set this up for you:

www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I'm also happy to help troubleshoot the issue with you further. If there are any other details on the application and environment the labels are exposed to, please let me know.
#3 Posted : 12/20/2023 5:12:21 PM(EST)
Jayce

United States

Please delete my last post.

After rereading your post I had misunderstood.

Unfourtantly wrap around is not an option for me, for aesthetic purposes and professional look.
I tried getting the sample for the weatherproof vinyl laser but can't seem to find them on the samples page, cause I bought 3,000 of these polyester labels and every single one is trash now.
#4 Posted : 12/21/2023 8:18:17 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I understand your concerns with the aesthetics and will get some samples of our Weatherproof Vinyl Laser (LV) material out to you. I apologize that these vinyl samples were not readily available on the Sample Request page, but I'll have this addressed with our Web Development team.

When testing the LV material, I recommend using these application techniques. For print quality, you will need to adjust your printer's paper type setting to a thicker, specialty paper type setting. For your Brother printer, I'd recommend trying Thick Paper, Glossy Paper, and Bond. These thicker paper type options should prevent any potential feeding issues and help fuse the toner.

If you're not able to use the OL875LP, we can take them back for a refund. We offer a no hassle return policy. I'll reach out to you directly to arrange for the return and set up your samples.
#5 Posted : 12/23/2023 8:54:38 PM(EST)
Jayce

United States

Great sorry for the late reply, the holiday season is crazy! i will be returning the labels after Christmas thank you very much and Merry Christmas.