Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/3/2024 4:56:00 PM(EST)
damiarain

United States

Hello! I've been using the inkjet printer glossy vinyl paper for printing stickers and using a Silhouette machine to cut them out.

I now have access to a GlowForge Aura and was wondering if anyone had tried cutting this product (or any other one) with this machine/laser cutter?

Thanks!
#2 Posted : 1/4/2024 11:08:30 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for your question! We have not specifically tested our Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet (WI) paper with the GlowForge Aura machine. However, cutting machines typically use a laser to detect registration marks, so the shiny finish on glossy materials can make cutting more problematic. If you do decide to try cutting our glossy paper with the GlowForge Aura, I recommend closing the lid on the machine to prevent harsh light sources from causing reflections on the material. Additionally, removing any other materials from the paper tray may also help. If you give it a try, we'd love to hear about your experience.

If you need additional sheets for testing, you're welcome to visit this link to request a few sample sheets at no cost: www.onlinelabels.com/samples