Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/28/2024 12:35:08 PM(EST)
chrhgh

United States

Hello,

I've been using a very old (unnamed) printer for all my labels and had no problems at all - things were great so I refused to part with this dinosaur. Well, the dinosaur finally gave out so I purchased (2) two new printers.

I purchased both the HP Office Jet Pro 8020 and 8030 printers and I cannot get either one of them to align properly to print labels. I've tried everything! anyone know of any particular settings I need to be using for these printers? I'm using labels purchased from onlinelabels.com

Thank you all - any input would be greatly appreciated.
#2 Posted : 1/29/2024 9:42:45 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for the alignment issues you're experiencing with your new printers. Below are some general troubleshooting steps that may help resolve the problem:

1. Make sure to load the label sheets neatly and evenly in the printer tray to ensure they feed straight into the printer.
2. Print your labels from Adobe Reader, as this is the recommended PDF viewer. You can download Adobe Reader for free if you don't have it already.
3. In the print settings dialog box, confirm that "Actual Size" is selected and "Fit to Page" (or "Page Scaling") is unchecked.
4. Go into the printer preferences or advanced options in your print dialog box and adjust the paper or media type. Selecting a heavier material type, such as "thick," "photo," or "glossy," can slow down the printing speed, which may help reduce alignment shifting. These should be available in both HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 and HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 models.

If the alignment issue persists, you may want to try running the alignment wizard if you're using Maestro Label Designer. Additionally, you can consult the printer alignment guide on our website for further troubleshooting advice specific to your printer.

If you have followed these steps and are still having trouble, please submit a support ticket here with details about your printer, labels, and the specific alignment issues you are facing. One of our Customer Support Representatives will be happy to assist you further.