Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/27/2024 2:10:28 PM(EST)
jmarymom4

United States

I've been using Online Labels for many years now. I love the beautiful quality I'm getting from my 2 HP laser printers (MFP M283cdw & CP1525nw Color). However, I waste A LOT of toner and labels. They just don't print consistently on the pre-cut labels. I can print 5 sheets and have 2 print correctly, one off to the left, another to the right, etc. Does anyone have a great quality printer that prints consistently even on the tiny .75 round labels. I use all sizes and shapes and of course have more of an issue the smaller the label. Any suggestions?
#2 Posted : 2/27/2024 2:57:10 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty as a long-time user of OnlineLabels and apologize for any inconvenience these alignment issues are causing. To improve consistency on the alignment of pre-cut labels, we suggest adjusting your printer's paper type setting to something heavier or thicker, like "Labels" or "Cardstock." This adjustment will slow down the print feed, which should limit the amount of shifting that occurs during the printing process. Most printers will shift up to 1/16" even with the recommended settings, which is why adding bleed and allowing for a safe margin in your design is important. However, that can be difficult on smaller labels since there's a lot less space to work with. You can click here to view our recommendations for designing and printing for optimal alignment.

A few other suggestions would be to print in smaller quantities from a manual feed tray and make sure that you're printing with the correct document size with a scale setting at 100% or Actual Size.

Although we haven't tested every printer model, we have worked with many of HP's printers, which have tested well with our materials. If you're shopping for a new printer, you may also want to check the printable area specifications of potential printers to ensure they can accommodate specialty label materials effectively.

If you continue to experience issues, please do not hesitate to reach out for further troubleshooting assistance.
 1 user thanked Jessica R. for this useful post: jmarymom4