Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/7/2024 9:44:43 AM(EST)
Jans

United States

Can you offer me tips on what to do when an air bubble occurs when laying my polyester labels? I have heard about the pin prick idea, but it never works well for me. Any other suggestions? Do you offer tools for the application process, so maybe I won't get air bubbles in the first place?
#2 Posted : 5/8/2024 8:54:52 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Jans - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing air bubbles after applying your labels. While this isn't uncommon, it can be resolved by following our application recommendations below. Although we don't offer applicators at the moment, we're confident that these steps will help you achieve your desired outcome

• Clean your hands and the application surface. Any debris, dust, moisture, or natural oils can interfere with the adhesive, weakening the bond.
  • Apply the center of the label first and then work out toward the edges. This reduces some of the tension on the ends of the label which will help it stay down.
  • Use pressure when sticking the labels to your surface. Our products are pressure-sensitive, so more pressure equates to a stronger adhesive bond.
  • If the application includes an overlap with full coverage printing, make sure to leave the bottom side of the overlap unprinted. Ink and toner can make it difficult for the adhesive to fully bond.
If you continue to experience issues, I'm happy to help troubleshoot the issue with you further.
#3 Posted : 5/8/2024 10:21:33 AM(EST)
Jans

United States

Thank you for your reply. But my question was what can I do if there already is an air bubble present? Any tips on how to get rid of them?
#4 Posted : 5/8/2024 12:27:23 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Our best suggestion is to follow the steps to prevent the bubbling. If the adhesive hasn't fully bonded on the labels you've already applied, you could potentially remove air bubbles with a plastic card (credit card or license) to apply pressure from the center out. This technique is similar to how you would apply a screen protector on a cell phone. While it's not the perfect solution, it may help to reduce the bubbles. However, this could potentially scratch the printed design, so I recommend being careful if trying this method.