Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/19/2024 10:56:42 PM(EST)
JenniferZ

Canada

Hello, I'm using OL2681 and I've been spinning my wheels trying to get labels to print correctly. the first 3 columns of the labels are printing too far right but the last column is ok. I've done the alignment wizard many many times but it doesn't fix the issue. I even spent hours on the phone with HP customer service thinking the issue was their printer so they returned it for me. I now have a new Epson that is printing the same. it's been 2 weeks of fighting with this issue, is there something wrong with spacing between labels on the template? I've been printing 'actual size' for labels and alignment guide.
#2 Posted : 5/20/2024 8:19:58 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issue on our OL2681. This sounds like the PDF isn't printing to size. Below are our recommendations to ensure a uniform and centered print when using Maestro Label Designer.

• Stack your sheets neatly and evenly in the printer tray so that they feed as straight as possible into the printer.
  • Select the "Download and Print" option from the "Print" menu and print your design from Adobe Reader. Adobe Reader is the recommended PDF viewer for use with Maestro Label Designer. Learn how to set Adobe Reader as your default PDF viewer.
  • In your print dialog box, confirm that "Actual Size" is selected and that "Fit to Page" (or "Page Scaling") is unchecked.
  • Click into "Preferences" or "Advanced Options" from your print dialog box and adjust the paper or media type. Selecting a heavier material type like labels, cardstock, or transparency can slow down the printing speed, decreasing some of the sheet's shifting.
  • Make sure Borderless Printing (if available option) is unchecked. This can cause the PDF image to stretch, changing the spacing between labels.
You can give us a call at 1-888-575-2235 if you prefer to troubleshoot this by phone.

Edited by user Monday, June 17, 2024 7:58:47 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : 6/9/2024 4:58:52 PM(EST)
dianefs

Also having massive issues with drift on designs, out of nowhere. Same result, different computers and even different printers. The middle labels are close, but drift too high at the top and too low at the bottom row. I've checked "no scaling," and also "fit to paper." No affect. I've been using Maestro for years, and the same labels forever. This started happening out of nowhere. Wasteful and frustrating, as alignment changes can't fix this issue.
#4 Posted : 6/9/2024 5:01:27 PM(EST)
dianefs

Did you ever get this fixed, Jennifer? I've tried everything and can't find a solution.
#5 Posted : 6/10/2024 8:23:59 AM(EST)
Jessica

dianefs - I'm sorry to hear about the alignment issues with your labels. The Fit to Paper option is not recommended as it will resize the PDF generated from Maestro Label Designer. However, the scale setting should be set to Actual Size or 100%. If you have the newest version of Adobe Reader installed, try downloading your PDF from Maestro Label Designer instead of printing from your internet browser, and make sure the document size is 8.5" x 11" and the scale is set to Actual Size.

If you try a test print with Adobe Reader using the recommended settings in this thread, and the issue isn't resolved, you may want to consider reinstalling the print driver. In many cases where the correct settings are selected but the PDF template is still scaling, reinstalling the printer driver can resolve this communication issue.
#6 Posted : 6/16/2024 8:31:20 PM(EST)
JenniferZ

Canada

Hi, no, the issue still remains and I'm now on my 4th printer. I keep returning and ordering ones with better reviews but the problem remains. I'm distracted with a work project until after next weekend but plan to focus on figuring this out afterwards. So frustrating.
#7 Posted : 6/17/2024 8:18:39 AM(EST)
Jessica

JenniferZ - I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. If you have a chance, please let me know which steps you've taken to correct the alignment. If you're able to provide some images here, I can help determine the best course of action.

From what you previously described, it seems the PDF template is not printing to size. If you can review the steps provided, you should see an improvement with your current printer.

You're also welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team directly at the support link below. You can provide images and confirm the settings you've adjusted so we can continue troubleshooting the issue.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx