Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/5/2024 9:58:31 PM(EST)
Blynn

United States

This might not be the right place to ask but am having some peculiar trouble with the inkjet weatherproof gloss and my new printer…. I’m a bit picky and was having trouble getting vibrant reds on my HP photo envy. So I got an Epson XP 15000. I have been super happy with it- the red are AMAZING…one little thorn in my side- the blues

I have a test print with most of the colors the printer can produce I use to test new papers/media settings etc. I’ve been mostly using “photo paper glossy” and high quality w/ Epson standard color profile (but I’ve also tried every single other stock color profile- vivid,photo enhance, etc.). The warm side with the reds/yellows comes out very nice and vibrant. The blue side is very washed out and dull. I’ve tested multiple papers (and brands), from what I can tell, it only does this with the OL weatherproof gloss- which is of course my go to paper.

I can’t really go the advanced color route, bc it would also affect the reds which are currently perfect (and I dont want to increase their saturation).

Anyone have any wonderful ideas? Any at all? Even a little tiny idea would be welcome.
#2 Posted : 6/6/2024 9:44:15 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the color quality issues you're experiencing, and I want to help in any way I can. Our Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet (WJ) material differs from paper-based labels and standard copy paper. It's made of a durable plastic film, so it behaves differently than printable paper products. In most cases, adjusting the printer's paper/media type setting, as you mentioned, will resolve this.

I found the Epson XP-15000 user guide and reviewed some of their suggested troubleshooting. For faint or uneven printing, the manual suggests running a nozzle check and cleaning the print head if needed. It is also recommended that the ink cartridges be checked, as old or low ink can cause similar results. However, I understand that the output of the blue ink doesn't seem to be affected on other papers. Can you confirm if these are comparable to our film-based Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet? If they are paper-based or have other variances, you may want to try some additional paper type settings. The Epson XP-15000 should also offer other glossy paper types as well as presentation paper settings.

I hope this information helps. If you need additional sample sheets for testing, just let me know.

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2024 1:19:05 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : 6/6/2024 10:17:19 AM(EST)
Blynn

United States

Thanks for the response. Correct, the blue seems to be ok on other papers- I was able to get very vibrant by turning off color profiles on one of those papers, but the other colors weren’t usable- they were too off (browns instead of magenta etc). But I think this rules out anything to do with the print head/ink though- plus this is a brand new printer (out of the box 5 days)… it seems to be capable of printing vibrant blues, I just can’t figure out how to do it on this paper

I will try some of the other media settings- I’ve done photo glossy and ultra glossy and there wasn’t much difference, and I’d just printed out all the color profiles and wanted to save the ink/paper. Yes, some test sheets would be really nice, but a couple years ago you guys did send me a sample pack (that I used on my printer at the time) so I’m not sure if I’m eligible to receive anymore samples 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks

#4 Posted : 6/6/2024 1:33:00 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Epson lists a variety of photo papers and presentation papers as the supported media. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to locate polyester or vinyl listed as supported materials so it may take some trial and error to get the correct paper type and color profile for your designs.

In the meantime, we're happy to help provide the additional sheets while you troubleshoot the issue, so I'll have those mailed out to you today.
#5 Posted : 6/6/2024 4:09:37 PM(EST)
Blynn

United States

Ok thank you! That’s really helpful. I’ll experiment some more and see if I can figure it out.