Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/5/2024 7:41:04 PM(EST)
seaweedmonster1000

United States

I have been printing labels for my business with my Canon Pixma Pro 200. However, it stopped working just outside of the warranty period. I am looking for inkjet printer recommendations. I primarily print on multiple materials of OL875 and need a printer that does not shift the labels on the paper and dries on clear gloss labels.
#2 Posted : 7/8/2024 9:10:25 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear your printer is no longer working. It's frustrating when this happens after the warranty period ends. Our Product Testing Team has had a lot of success printing Canon PIXMA models and typically recommends them, in addition to HP and Epson. We have also received customer feedback supporting this. Unfortunately, we are unable to test all available models on the market, so we cannot suggest a specific printer, but these brands have proven to work well.

There will always be some level of movement as the sheets feed through the printer. While buying a new printer may not resolve this, there are some adjustments you can make to your design and printer settings that should improve the output.

Here are some tips:

• Allow for some space between the edges of the labels and any borders in your design.
  • Change the paper/media type in your printer options to a heavier setting, such as Photo/Glossy, Labels, or Heavy Paper. Just keep in mind that this will slow down the print speed, making the print job longer. You might want to try using settings.
Alternatively, you can purchase custom-printed labels from us, where proper alignment is taken care of for you. You can find more information on custom-printed labels at the following link: https://www.onlinelabels.com/custom-labels

When shopping for a printer, I recommend checking the specifications to ensure that it is capable of handling specialty label materials. Since you're using clear labels, make sure the specifications list film polyester or synthetic materials as supported media types. Also, consider the printer's printable area, as many printers have a non-printable margin that may prevent it from printing to the edge of the sheet or label if the margins are narrow. If you prefer a straight paper path, consider printers with multiple trays. These details can be found in the individual printer model's specifications list.
#3 Posted : 7/8/2024 5:36:55 PM(EST)
seaweedmonster1000

United States

I haven't found a printer that list film polyester or synthetic materials as supported materials. Any suggestions?
#4 Posted : 7/9/2024 9:21:02 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Depending on the printer brand, the supported paper types may be listed as synthetic paper, PET film, transparency film, or other specialty paper. Many standard inkjet printers support photo printing and list various photo, glossy, and other specialty photo papers. In most cases, glossy and other coated paper types can be selected when using our film-based materials. However, I recommend reaching out to the printer manufacturer directly to confirm if the printer you're interested in can support 'film' or 'synthetic paper'.