Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/2/2013 5:09:40 PM(EST)
JoeSeal

I'm just getting started into making some essential oils products and I was seeking some tips for what suppliers are best for the bottles. Can anyone suggest any good suppliers for them?
#2 Posted : 12/2/2013 10:02:50 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
There are a lot of bottle suppliers on the web. The key is to find bottle suppliers who stock your bottle / container size and can fulfill small orders (since you are just getting into business and probably don't want to have to buy a lot of bottles to start).

Here are some that I have worked with in the past. I recommend that you check out these sites:

http://www.ebottles.com
http://www.specialtybottle.com
http://www.sks-bottle.com

I recommend that you purchase or ask for a few sample bottles for testing before you purchase a larger quantity.

The most common issue that I see is that users don't test the labels on the bottles to make sure that everything sticks and that the label size works well on the bottle. It is also critical that you don't put a dark liquid in a clear bottle with a clear label if you plan to print your labels using a standard laser or inkjet printer. The inks from laser / inkjet printers aren't opaque so a label becomes unreadable against a dark bottle or dark liquid.

Hope this helps.

Dave
#3 Posted : 12/3/2013 7:36:50 AM(EST)
JoeSeal

Wow this helps a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!
#4 Posted : 12/3/2013 2:06:50 PM(EST)
Matt Hamilton

United States

Joe,

Take a look at the Dropper Bottles, they should work perfect for your application.

Thanks,

Matt H.
#5 Posted : 12/4/2013 4:31:06 PM(EST)
bunniesnbuggies

United States

If you are planning on working with essential oils, it is critical that you have ideally an amber glass bottle (although the dark blue will work in a pinch). Essential and synthetic fragrance oils deteriorate much more rapidly when exposed to light, which can cause them to spoil. If not packaged properly, you'll essentially be pouring money down the drain.

A good place to look would be companies like Wholesale Supplies Plus or BrambleBerry - two of the larger soapcrafting and fragrance suppliers around. Both have extremely low minimum order requirements and the option to order just one piece of a size/style to make sure you like it.