Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/19/2013 5:27:13 PM(EST)
jgtrueblue

United States

I am trying to print on the matte inkjet DVD labels and not have washed out images. I use the Espon Stylus Photo 1400 and printing high-res pdf files with photos and crisp text. Everything is so washed out no vibrancy to the labels at all. Anyone have suggestions or have other printing settings suggestions? I have spent $$s on labels and ink trying to make these look decent. The clarity is half of the images on Avery comparable DVD inkjet labels. Help. Thank you.
#2 Posted : 12/20/2013 6:44:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Most inkjet printers allow you to make adjustments in your print settings on the type of paper you are using and the amount of ink to lay down on the paper. These settings are typically found by clicking on the preferences button in the print dialog box that comes up when you go to print.

I am not sure whether changing those settings will make enough of a difference or not in terms of getting you the print quality that you want on the labels. It may make a slight difference in terms of print quality. I have a feeling that it may be a case of you not comparing apples to apples if you are comparing our matte white labels to some of Avery's inkjet DVD label offerings. Avery does offer high resolution matte inkjet dvd labels that are a film material. If you are comparing our standard white matte product to that product then it is likely that you won't the same vibrancy of print on our product as on the Avery.

I would recommend that you try our our glossy inkjet product if you are looking for something that is going to give you a bright photo-like vibrancy and be comparable. I am happy to send you samples for testing. You can fill out our sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels..../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

We are happy to take back the white matte labels and get you a credit. You can see our return policy below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

Thanks.
#3 Posted : 5/18/2014 6:21:22 PM(EST)
JShip

United States

your printer might have a separate printing program you can d/l from the manufacturer's site that allows for a wider range of settings.