Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/4/2014 2:07:47 PM(EST)
wendie

United States

Hi All,

I have used these white gloss labels forever. I recently sent out an order, but when my customer received it, the lip balms had yellowing on the white part of the label. It was not like this when I sent them. I have no idea what caused it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I thought I could upload a pic on here
#2 Posted : 2/5/2014 7:03:12 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Wendie - Which of our white gloss products did you purchase (glossy labels for laser printing or glossy white labels for inkjet)?

The face sheet on the glossy white inkjet labels is very porous and can sometimes become discolored due to environmental issues or air contaminants.

For example, we sometimes find that the inkjet glossy labels will start to turn yellow or slight brown when there is something in the air where the products are located (candles burning, incense, etc.). It could also be caused by something coming from underneath the label. I don't think that anything would seep through the plastic in your lip balm tube, but I have seen some containers where the product in the container did breath did breathe through the plastic causing some yellowing of the label.

Please provide some more details so we can try to further trouble shoot the issue. If it is due to an air issue, it may be necessary to put some type of over coating onto the labels to avoid the discoloration. We have clear labels that some customers will purchase and use to put as a protective layer over the top of the existing label. We also have some customers who purchase overcoat sprays (UV protection or waterproofing sprays) and spray the labels before applying them to their products.

I am happy to provide you with samples of our clear products for testing. You can fill out our sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/samples
#3 Posted : 2/18/2014 8:20:12 PM(EST)
wendie

United States

Thank you! I sent the customer new ones and it didn't happen again. But it is ink jet labels that I am using.
#4 Posted : 2/19/2014 1:51:22 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
That is good news. I am glad to hear that it didn't happen on your newest shipment. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am pretty confident that it is something in the environment that is causing it.