Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/9/2014 4:50:39 PM(EST)
seannashty

Noticed that my labels smear very easily. Think its time to switch to something with a heat fuser.
#2 Posted : 6/10/2014 6:38:15 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I took a look at your account and I noticed that you have been purchasing our Glossy Inkjet labels. Can you provide additional details?

This product is typically pretty resistant to smudging / smearing. Do you notice that it smudges / smears when it contacts water or does it smear with just the touch of a finger?

In some cases, the ink not drying on the label is caused due to over-saturation of the top coating (more ink being put on the label than the top coating of the label sheet can absorb). Do you notice that only certain colors or areas smudge / smear?

I recommend that you try reducing the ink setting to see if less ink going down on the label material improves the performance. Can you try changing your print setting options from "normal to fast draft." Also, try reducing the DPI (lower dots per inch) to see if that helps with the problem.

Let me know if changing the print settings improves the performance.

Thanks.

Dave
#3 Posted : 5/9/2020 12:41:31 AM(EST)
Eishy

United States

I brought the glossy inkjet sheets however i printed a test run and every label is smudged and not legible. I have a canon pixma i6820
#4 Posted : 5/11/2020 10:36:27 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Eishy Go to Quoted Post
I brought the glossy inkjet sheets however i printed a test run and every label is smudged and not legible. I have a canon pixma i6820

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Have you tried adjusting the media type setting within your print options? Most printer models are set as default to print on regular copy paper. Using one of the photo paper settings should improve the print quality and durability of your printed labels. I was able to locate the user's manual for your printer model and the media type settings that are likely to give you improved results are Photo Paper Glossy or Matte Photo Paper.

The print quality setting could potentially affect the print durability as well. If you're using the highest print quality setting and experiencing smearing or smudging it's possible that the sheet has been over-saturated with ink. I've had the most success using our clear gloss inkjet material with Canon PIXMA printers when using a photo paper media type along with the standard quality setting.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.