Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/21/2014 2:48:24 PM(EST)
sheryl

United States

Hi, I'm searching for a new printer. I print single color on white labels and my HP Photosmart is not up to the task. I think I either need a laser printer or printer with individual color cartridges so I don't waste money and ink. Would appreciate recommendations.

#2 Posted : 6/22/2014 7:03:17 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Sheryl - What is the single color that you are printing? I ask because this will tell me whether we can recommend a non-color printer (black only). Any additional feedback you can provide on your printing habits including number of daily prints and the amount of ink coverage would also be helpful.

I look forward to your response. Thanks.

Dave
#3 Posted : 7/6/2014 4:49:10 PM(EST)
sheryl

United States

Dave, right now our printing is light..about 15 sheets of labels per month. We print one color labels, 3 sheets at a time. Orange, purple, yellow, red, etc. We've been using the recycled labels, but will be switching to water resistant. The trouble is that after about 5-6 sheets of labels, the HP inkjet printer quality diminishes tremendously. If I buy a printer with individual color print cartridges, I think I'll save money. Thoughts? Thank you in advance.
#4 Posted : 7/7/2014 4:54:28 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Sheryl -

I'll be happy to provide you with a couple of printer recommendations.

If you're looking to stick with an inkjet printer model, I've had a lot of success using the HP Officejet Pro 8600. This printer utilizes four individual ink cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black) as opposed to one black ink cartridge and one color ink cartridge. I've tested this printer model with a variety of different materials, including our weatherproof inkjet materials, and have been very pleased with the results thus far. We send printer feedback surveys to our customers in an effort to understand which printer models are performing best with our label materials and the HP Officejet 8600 is not only one of our most frequently reviewed printers, but also one of the most positively reviewed inkjet printers too.

If you do decide to transition to laser printing I'd recommend looking into the HP Color LaserJet series. Personally, I've used the HP Color LaserJet 200 and the HP Color LaserJet 500 models and have been extremely happy with the print quality and color output of both machines. Based on print testing, both of these printer models should perform very well with our recycled white matte and our weatherproof polyester laser materials. They've also received very high printer feedback ratings from our customer base.

I hope that this information assists with your search for a new printer. If you should need any additional information please just let me know!