Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/9/2014 10:11:05 PM(EST)
Ronna

Canada

Hello,

I'm using the OL700LP labels on my Xerox Workcenter 6015NL color laser printer. I'm using the template downloaded from this site and printing from Photoshop.

The label I've designed has a bright red star in the middle and on my test prints on laser paper the color is perfect. When I print on to the actual label, the star comes out bright pink. The color in CMYK mode is: C: 20, M: 100%, Y: 100%, K: 18%. That should definitely print red! I would say that my print settings could be called into question if the star came out pink on laser paper but it only comes out pink on the labels.

I dislike the idea of wasting expensive labels in my attempts to get the color right so I would appreciate suggestions on how to get correct color.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Ronna
#2 Posted : 7/10/2014 4:22:27 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Ronna -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

Color variance is very unlikely when printing on plain copy paper, or even paper-based label materials. However, color output on the weatherproof polyester material can vary somewhat across different printer models, especially large office printers and copiers. This is likely due to the way that the fusing heat generated by the printer dissipates into the plastic film facestock. Unfortunately, if you are experiencing this issue, the only solution to improve the color output is usually trial and error. I do understand not wanting to waste the label stock that you purchased, so to assist you in correcting the color output I am shipping out an additional 25 sheets of the product OL700LP at no cost to you. These sheets should allow you to make the necessary adjustments without burning through the product that you ordered from us.

Do you happen to have a different laser printer model on hand that you could try printing with? In an attempt to duplicate your issue, I tried printing your saved design on to weatherproof polyester material using a few different laser printer models in our office. When comparing color output between plain copy paper and the weatherproof polyester material, the results were almost identical. The printers that I used for testing were all desktop laser printers, specifically from the HP Color LaserJet series. Unfortunately, I didn't have access to the Xerox WorkCentre 6015NL printer model for testing purposes.

Your complimentary test sheets of OL700LP will be sent out this afternoon. If you should require any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 7/10/2014 8:19:19 PM(EST)
Ronna

Canada

Thank you Josh. I spent the afternoon trying to correct the color issue to no avail. What's really weird is that there is some red type on my label and it prints just fine. It's that red star that won't print which makes no sense at all.

I still have some other options I'm going to try but if it doesn't work, then the printer goes back to the store. I just bought it for the purpose of printing these labels. I don't have a different printer to try.

I think I might see about getting the one you printed with, the HP Color Laser Jet. What particular model was it?

Thank you very much for your generous offer to send extra label sheets. I appreciate that. I went through 16 this afternoon! One thing is for sure, I will buy from Online Labels again, your support and customer service are excellent!

Cheers,
Ronna
#4 Posted : 7/11/2014 8:37:36 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Ronna -

The printer model that I felt performed best was the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color. I've been pleased with its performance across the board, both for label printing and as a general purpose office printer.

I hope that the additional sheets will aid you in resolving your issue. If you should wind up needing anything else please do not hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to assist in any way possible!
#5 Posted : 7/11/2014 11:36:07 AM(EST)
Ronna

Canada

I took back the Xerox because it just would not print red properly! Weird printer.

I am now hunting for the lowest price on the HP LaserJet Pro 200. Thank you for this info, it's much appreciated.

Ronna
#6 Posted : 7/11/2014 3:00:18 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

I'm very happy that I was able to assist! If you should require additional information at any point please just let me now. Thank you for your business!