Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/20/2014 7:22:27 PM(EST)
SJ77

Canada

Hi there, I am needing to order an oval label that is the perfect size but needs to be written on the opposite way it comes on the sheet. The product number is OL 895. They come on the page top to bottom but I need to type my product info on them side to side. Will the program let me do this and how?

I won't order these until I know it can be done.

Thank you

SJ
#2 Posted : 8/20/2014 10:23:33 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
This is easy to do in Maestro Label Designer. In fact, there are 2 different ways to accomplish this task in Maestro Label Designer.

1. Create your text and then use the Rotate Tool located on the top menu to rotate the text box the direction that you require.

OR

2. Click on the Document Properties on the left menu and click on Landscape rather than Portrait for the Label View.

I would probably recommend option #2 since that will probably be easier.

Let us know if you need any additional direction or help.

Dave
#3 Posted : 8/20/2014 10:47:26 PM(EST)
SJ77

Canada

Thank you very much for your help :)
#4 Posted : 7/22/2015 2:29:17 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

Thank you for this!

I've been wondering how to do this as some of the labels show vertically where others show horizontally. With the vertical ones, I've been trying to design labels with my head turned sideways, lol.

BTW, if you change the orientation from portrait to landscape to do the design, would you then have to change back to portrait before saving so that the design would print properly on the labels? Or is this just a feature for designing the labels, and then the software would save the design in the proper orientation for printing?
#5 Posted : 7/22/2015 2:47:42 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: SweetAirSoapworks Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for this!

I've been wondering how to do this as some of the labels show vertically where others show horizontally. With the vertical ones, I've been trying to design labels with my head turned sideways, lol.

BTW, if you change the orientation from portrait to landscape to do the design, would you then have to change back to portrait before saving so that the design would print properly on the labels? Or is this just a feature for designing the labels, and then the software would save the design in the proper orientation for printing?

The portrait / landscape setting in Maestro Label Designer is strictly for designing. It is done to make it so you can design without having to rotate your text. It will not have any impact on how your printer outputs the actual page in the printer.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#6 Posted : 7/22/2015 4:03:56 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

Thank You! This makes things much easier.
#7 Posted : 7/28/2015 2:26:20 PM(EST)
SweetAirSoapworks

United States

Dave, quick question on the Portrait/Landscape setting.

I just opened up a label I designed for Lip Balms using OL421 labels. I had designed it "sideways", lol, before seeing this post. Anyway, I went into Documents & selected Landscape. The outer line box for the label rotated to landscape but the design, text boxes & background color stayed in the original orientation.

Isn't the entire design supposed to rotate if selecting Landscape? Or, do you need to start the design off in Landscape, save & then the software will print it properly for the type labels selected?
#8 Posted : 7/28/2015 6:45:10 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: SweetAirSoapworks Go to Quoted Post
Dave, quick question on the Portrait/Landscape setting.

I just opened up a label I designed for Lip Balms using OL421 labels. I had designed it "sideways", lol, before seeing this post. Anyway, I went into Documents & selected Landscape. The outer line box for the label rotated to landscape but the design, text boxes & background color stayed in the original orientation.

Isn't the entire design supposed to rotate if selecting Landscape? Or, do you need to start the design off in Landscape, save & then the software will print it properly for the type labels selected?

Unfortunately, you will need to start in Landscape mode if you want to design that way.

Once you switch to landscape mode, you should be able to select all items in your design and rotate them 90 degrees. Once you do that, you should be able to easily move them into the landscape layout (you can use your arrow keys to move all the objects once you have them all selected).

I am happy to provide additional directions if you need more help. Thanks for your inquiry.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com