Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/30/2014 1:18:21 AM(EST)
Jim

United States

I have a product that is 3 inches round by 36 inches long. I am looking to label this product with a small label to brand it with our website and 800 number.

The outer sleeve is a polyester knit and the product is used to absorb water (its filled with a polypropylene which is soft).

Can anyone suggest a label that will stick to the polyester knit and also be water proof?

Thanks,

Jim
#2 Posted : 8/31/2014 7:43:33 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Are you looking for something that is going to stay permanently affixed to the product or do you intend for the customer to remove the label once the product is purchased? Generally speaking, fabric materials can be difficult to label with adhesive labels. Are you planning to wrap the label around the product back onto itself like in the lip balm picture at the link below?

http://www.onlinelabels.com/lip-balm-labels.htm

If the label is wrapped back onto itself then I think it has a better chance of staying permanently adhered. If you are just sticking it to the fabric itself (not back on to it self), I am not as confident that it will stay adhered.

We have several waterproof materials. Are you using a laser or an inkjet printer? Let me know and I can recommend a product. I can also get you samples for testing.

Thanks.

Dave
#3 Posted : 9/4/2014 1:18:35 AM(EST)
Jim

United States

Dave I appreciate your help.

I did not think there was a sticker that would work.

Could you direct me to some of your waterproof labels. I was thinking that something like a tag they attach to clothes with the plastic needle barbs would work? Do you have tags like that? I would probably have to have them printed up.

Jim
#4 Posted : 9/5/2014 8:24:52 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Jim,
I don't think that we have anything that is going to work if you are looking for something without adhesive. Based on your reference to clothing tags, it sounds like you are considering a tagging system. There are tag products specifically geared for those tagging systems.

You can see some examples of those price marking guns at the link below. I would think that the supplier of the tagging gun could direct to a supplier of the tags.

http://www.monarch.averydennison.com/products/attachers.asp

I would also think there is a weatherproof tag available for these systems, but it isn't something that we have at this time.

We may consider adding something like this in the future. If you are looking for an adhesive backed label then we can help further. Let us know. I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks.

Dave

Edited by user Friday, September 5, 2014 8:25:28 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified