Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/12/2014 8:54:17 AM(EST)
The Juice Bar

United States

We have a small Juice Bar and make all of our Juice Bottle labels ourselves. The paper labels go through our commercial Xerox all in one without a problem but the vinyl waterproof labels get stuck each time as the heat from the rollers grabs ahold of not the label itself but the elastic portion of the sheet that isn't the label. Each time the machine has to be opened and labels removed. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks.
#2 Posted : 9/14/2014 8:37:17 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Can you let me know the product code on the item that is causing problems for you? We don't have any vinyl products at this time so I am not sure which product of ours you are describing. I assume it is one of our weatherproof materials, but I can confirm that with the product code.

Can you also provide the model of the Xerox printer that you are using?

Thanks.

Dave

#3 Posted : 9/14/2014 11:58:45 AM(EST)
The Juice Bar

United States

OL125LP. I said Vinyl but meant polyester. We need a waterproof label as the juice bottles weep. The Xerox model is a WorkCentre 5632.

Thanks for your help Dave.

Jim --
#4 Posted : 9/15/2014 2:12:20 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Jim -

We have a similar Xerox printer model on hand, and after some tinkering with settings have had a lot of success running the weatherproof polyester laser material.

If the WorkCentre 5632 allows you to choose how you'd like to feed the material into the printer, we'd recommend feeding the shorter, 8.5" edge of the sheet into the printer, as opposed to the longer, 11" edge. This is how we've fed the material on our end, and we've avoided major jamming issues for the most part.

As far as printer settings go, we've created a custom material setting that we use specifically for the weatherproof polyester material. Our custom setting has a basis weight range of 106 gsm to 128 gsm. After some trial and error, this setting has provided us with the best printing results and very few printer jam errors.

When explaining your problem to one of our printer operators, he commented that it sounds as if the machine is running too hot. If your printer model allows you to adjust the fusing temperature, setting it lower may help resolve the issue as well.

I hope that this information helps. If you should need any further assistance please just let us know.
#5 Posted : 9/15/2014 2:31:48 PM(EST)
The Juice Bar

United States

Great suggestions. Will give it a go and let you know. Thank you!