Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/20/2014 1:08:06 AM(EST)
ProJock

Hi there. I recently bought the 7/8" round glossy waterproof labels for my HP inkjet printer.
I have now wasted a tonne of sheets trying to align the text. I am the circular text template.The first 2-3 rows are fine, however as you look down the rows, the printing of text starts to fall below the label. By the last row the text is 2-3 mm outside the round label cutting the text.
I have adjusted the settings as instructed, however I am just not getting the whole page printing within the labels.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
#2 Posted : 9/22/2014 1:47:43 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I was able to locate your customer account, and it appears that you are using Maestro Label Designer to design and print your labels. Which internet browser are you opening the program with? There may be some additional troubleshooting suggestions that I can provide based on which browser you are using. Just let me know, and I'll be happy to look into this for you.
#3 Posted : 9/23/2014 11:03:42 AM(EST)
ProJock

Morning. I am using Google Chrome.
#4 Posted : 9/24/2014 8:29:09 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
When you generate the PDF file to print your labels is the PDF file opening within Adobe Reader or within a different PDF viewer? If your browser is set to open the PDF file in an internal previewer or a third party PDF viewer, the page scaling option may be set incorrectly which is a very common problem leading to misaligned labels.

Once you have the PDF file open within Adobe Reader, the first thing you'll want to do is to make sure that page scaling is set correctly. When you access the print settings please ensure that Page Scaling is set to None or Actual Size.

If the Page Scaling is set correctly and you are still experiencing misaligned labels you may want to try adjusting the material type setting. Label materials are considerably thicker than basic copy paper, and sometimes certain printer models will have difficulty feeding the thicker material correctly. Adjusting the material type setting to a heavier option should slow down the material feed, and will often result in a better aligned print.

Please try making these adjustments and let me know if you are still experiencing issues. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.