Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/13/2014 8:54:21 AM(EST)
eagle458

I need to replace my old Xerox Phaser 6120. Need recommendations for a quality small business type color laser. Any suggestions?

I print on both the clear label stock and kraft paper.

Thanks!

#2 Posted : 10/13/2014 11:37:16 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for posting! I'll be happy to make a couple of recommendations. As far as color laser printers go, I've always had a lot of success with the HP LaserJet series. The two models that I've used most recently are the HP LaserJet 500 color M551 and the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251nw. Both of these printer models have provided excellent results across a variety of our different label materials, including the Clear Gloss Laser and Brown Kraft materials. They have also received glowing reviews from customers who have completed our post-purchase printer feedback surveys.

I hope that you find this information useful. If you need any additional assistance, please just let us know!
 2 users thanked Josh for this useful post. branchoffgoodhealthsoap@gmail.com
#3 Posted : 11/3/2014 7:39:00 PM(EST)
jdub

United States

I am currently using a Dell 1660 as a backup to an inkjet. It feeds labels very well, prints fast and produces vibrant colors. toner cost is an issue though. Their higher end models appear to have cheaper toner. I also have a Samsung CLP-325 that is terrible. Worked great one day then it just went downhill and was never the same. it jams a lot, dull, inaccurate color prints and uses more energy.
#4 Posted : 1/25/2017 3:37:44 PM(EST)
branchoff

United States

Currently I am using an Hp Officejet Pro8600 inkjet printer and am not satisfied with its results when printing on your weatherproof and gloss labels(inkjet) the color scratches off. Also we sell natural skincare which has oils that saturate the label. I was told none of the labels sold here are oil proof or oil resistant; however, I recently purchased a product online who uses onlinelabels this label is amazing I've poured different oils on it with no change I've even put oil ontop to allow it to run down and still the graphics stay true. The shop owner informed me that they had the same issues with inkjet labels and switched to a nice laser printer. Still I'm told these are not oil resistant or oil proof by onlinelabel customer service.. My question is will the H.P. Laser jet series you've recommended produce these oil proof/resistant results (looks like oil proof to me) as I've seen first hand? Or am I just beating a dead horse :(
Thank-you so much for your help!
#5 Posted : 1/25/2017 4:46:46 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
branchoff -

Laser printing in general will hold up better to contact with oils than inkjet printing. It's hard to classify inkjet or laser printed labels as "oil-proof" because the print is exposed and not sealed by some kind of laminate or protective coating. Prolonged exposure to oils could eventually degrade the print quality, even with laser printed labels.

With that being said, laser printing is considered to be much more durable than inkjet printing, and laser printed labels should hold up well to incidental contact with oil. The HP Color LaserJet models referred to earlier in this thread should work well for your application, as long as you are using our weatherproof polyester laser label material. To ensure the best results, please set the media/paper setting to something like photo, glossy, or labels.

If you'd like to try samples of our weatherproof polyester material you can submit a request by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.