Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/24/2014 1:15:44 PM(EST)
ecarrigan

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am having a problem that has been brought up previously - my round labels will not align. Some rows will be perfect and then they sort of start to "slide" off the page. I am not using Maestro - I am using Microsoft Publisher which has built-in templates for Online Labels Labels (SO COOL!). Can anyone help?
 1 user thanked ecarrigan for this useful post: Paper Crafter
#2 Posted : 10/26/2014 7:48:03 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. It sounds like something is off on the template. I am not real familiar with Microsoft Publisher, and I don't have a copy of it on my machine.

We have a few copies of the software in our office that we use for testing and we have some reps that are trained in the software. I could have our support team do a review of your file if you can send it over to us.

Can you submit a support ticket to us along with a copy of the file at the link below?

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

Once we receive it, I can then have our team review the file to see if we can identify what is causing the issue. When you submit the ticket, please mention in the text area that you are working with Dave C. on the issue.

Thanks.

Dave
#3 Posted : 11/2/2014 7:21:27 AM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We have experienced very similar results when printing (even within MS Word). I have tried contacting customer support and I have not been successful in a resolution.
dcarmany: If you are successful with print strategies if you could follow up with a post it would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
#4 Posted : 11/2/2014 10:11:20 AM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Hello:
Just an update. I finally was able to figure out the label alignment and design when using MS Word (or other MS software).
The template download is "bring to the front" and therefore if you want correct alignment or you want to be able to design click on the template circle (or other shape as per template downloaded) and "bring to back".
If your file does not allow for you to "bring to back" because nothing else is in file yet then "text wrap".
Both these options are found under the "Format" tab

I hope this helps!
Thankfully after a week of frustration I figured this out =D
#5 Posted : 11/3/2014 4:49:23 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Paper Crafter - Thanks for the excellent tip. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have any further issues, I am confident our support team would be happy to help until the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Dave
#6 Posted : 11/10/2014 5:46:25 PM(EST)
Inktagram

United States

I dont know what to do i am using maestro and this problem is happening to me the first and second line is align and the 3 nest rows they print off line

What can i do to fix this ?
#7 Posted : 11/11/2014 4:58:31 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Inktagram - There is a variety of things that could be causing the issue that you experiencing. I reviewed your Maestro Label Designer account and I don't see any recently saved or updated designs. Did this issue recently start happening or has it always been happening?

We will need to get some additional details in regards to the design to help you trouble shoot the issue. I am confident that our support team can help make some recommendations to resolve the issues. Can you please submit a request at the link below? Please include some specific details on the design that is causing the issue? We will need to know the name of the file so our team can review it?

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.

#8 Posted : 11/14/2014 2:33:51 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Printing in Maestro, same difficulties; when I utilize the alignment adjuster it makes it worse even when the hexegon page is correct for labels.
Feel free to review my 2" prints.

How do I adjust the outside of my label not printing? When I print the margins help she the ful square is at .25"; when I put these numbers into the margin alignment my labels print off the page worse than they did without the adjustment {before you ask, yes I'm adjusting from the print sheet not my labels}

Thus far I have not had any success in printing labels from maestro and it is time consuming aligning each in Word as there are 20-24 labels and many different projects.

Assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
#9 Posted : 11/14/2014 3:30:15 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I did a quick review of your Maestro Label Designer account. The first thing that I noticed on multiple designs that you created is that you are running design right to the edge of the label. Doing this makes it nearly impossible to line up. It is critical that you bleed any border or color at least 0.125" - 0.25" over the edge of the label to create something we refer to as bleed. This bleed allows for a little bit of room for the printer and sheet to move when printing.

You can learn more about bleed at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Support/Maestro/AlignmentGuide/Printer-Bleed.aspx

In regards to the issues that you are having with alignment - I will need to get more specific information in regards to how it is off in order to offer any advice or troubleshooting. I would probably recommend resetting the margin settings back to the default settings (you can find this option under Page Setup in the menu bar at the top of menu bar). Once you have done that let me know the specific ways in which it is off (too high, too low, left, right) and I can help you make proper adjustments.

Another good option may be to contact our phone support at 1-888-575-2235 as that team can work with you over the phone to correct the alignment issues that you are experiencing. I am confident that we can resolve the issues.

Thanks.

Dave Carmany
 1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: Paper Crafter
#10 Posted : 11/14/2014 3:36:30 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Thank you for the quick reply; am I able to obtain this support through the online chat? Ive had little success with calling.
#11 Posted : 11/14/2014 4:27:21 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I would definitely like any feedback you can provide on what issues you had with calling. Our team is always available from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST during the week. I would definitely recommend calling as opposed to using Live Chat as this type of situation is best resolved on the phone rather than in a Live Chat.

You can also request a call back / appointment to talk with one of our reps if you fill out the request at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/Callback.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
#12 Posted : 11/18/2014 6:17:38 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Feedback on calling (has previously been provided twice via email & survey).
Nonetheless, when calling (on 3 separate occasions) I waited online, went through my concerns just to have the phone "disconnect". Online labels staff did not try to return the calls. I continued to call, after the third time I followed up via email to which the staff did not answer questions asked however, provided information they thought I should have (which I already had).

Yesterday, I did receive a follow up call regarding my concerns (I'm assuming because of my survey feedback) from Steve Brown to which I returned the call with my availability and am still awaiting to hear back.

If I could have someone that is able to answer my questions and work along side to resolve the issues it would be most productive.

Thank you in advance for your time & consideration.
#13 Posted : 11/18/2014 7:09:50 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

I just wanted to follow up regarding printing & customer service support. After just receiving follow up from support staff (Steve Brown), I have renewed faith in Online Labels customer service. Our printing issues are solved [for now] and I have confidence that I will be able to expand our label selections offered to our customers.

For those printing and having alignment issues, check your browser; our solution was as simple as using Internet Explorer as oppose to our default browser. Also, with circle labels ensure that if you have a border that it is inbound enough to accommodate for any tolerance in printing (Online labels recommends 1/16"). If that does not work and you have time to call in, I would highly recommend this (or send a quick email and request a call back).

The follow up to my concerns and issues were resolved with encouragement to call back should I have future concerns. I'm thankful to the detail and knowledge provided through customer support. While I will do my best to seek out the tutorials and forum for answers, it is great to know that there is someone that can walk you through the issues in an efficient manner.

Now off to print some labels...... =D
#14 Posted : 11/18/2014 10:10:04 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Papercrafter - I'm glad to hear that you were able to work with Steve B. and find resolution to the printing & alignment issues.

I apologize for the earlier issues that you experienced. I spoke to Steve B. and he provided me with additional details. We will address these issues with our entire customer service team so we can avoid similar problems in the future. Once again, we appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.

Dave C.