Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/25/2014 11:33:56 AM(EST)
mkelsic

United States

Hello,
I downloaded your ol996 template and have a couple questions:

What is your optimal printing resolutions (pixels/inch)

How much does the label need to be extended outside of the template lines (to make sure nothing is cut off)?
Currently my images are 300 pixels/inch and are 900 x 600 pixels for your 3" x 2" labels, which leaves very little tolerance for printing and cutting error.

Thank you!
-Mark

Edited by user Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:34:36 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 10/26/2014 7:59:20 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Mark -
Which of our templates did you download?

If you have color running all the way to the edge of the label, it is critical that you bleed the design over the edge for optimal results. If not, it will be nearly impossible to create labels that don't have white lines on the sides. We typically recommend bleeding the image at least 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch past the edge for best results. If you are using Microsoft Word, it can be very challenging to bleed your image over the edge of the label.

I highly recommend that you use our Maestro Label Designer to design / format the labels. You would have received an activation code for the software when you placed your order with us. Maestro Label Designer will allow you to increase the size of your image and bleed it over the edge.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

We are happy to provide further recommendations if you can provide some more specific details.

Thanks.

Dave
#3 Posted : 10/26/2014 12:03:58 PM(EST)
mkelsic

United States

Originally Posted by: mkelsic Go to Quoted Post

I downloaded your ol996 template and have a couple questions:

What is your optimal printing resolutions (pixels/inch)

thank you for the response regarding printing/cutting tolerance. I am using photoshop and will not be using your software

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 12:05:32 PM(EST)  | Reason: clarification