Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/2/2014 7:39:20 AM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello,

Are there any users that have been successful with creating labels with backgrounds, images, & text while utilizing Microsoft?!
I have my original labels created in Microsoft Powerpoint, however even when the label is uploaded within MS Word I'm having difficulty with the template provided for this program.

The template is not allowing me to create within MS Word and our designs and Maestro software is too limiting when it comes to our design needs.

I'm really wanting to switch our material used to the LP (for a variety of the products) however, can't seem to resolve our printing problem and it is far too time consume to match up by printing out each design til best fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
#2 Posted : 11/2/2014 10:12:51 AM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

I wanted to leave this post up for others that may have experienced the same difficulty I had.
Below is what I was able to figure out, although if there are other suggestions from others don't hesitate to post.

I finally was able to figure out the label alignment and design when using MS Word (or other MS software).
The template download is "bring to the front" and therefore if you want correct alignment or you want to be able to design click on the template circle (or other shape as per template downloaded) and "bring to back".
If your file does not allow for you to "bring to back" because nothing else is in file yet then "text wrap".
Both these options are found under the "Format" tab
 1 user thanked Paper Crafter for this useful post: envoypeace
#3 Posted : 11/3/2014 4:57:09 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Paper Crafter - I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the formatting issue within Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word is not strong program when it comes to laying out images. It is really great with text, but is very challenging when trying to add images or backgrounds within table cells. I have found in Word that it is very easy to move an image into a table cell and then cause the formatting to become completely messed up.

In most cases, we push users to our Maestro Label Designer over Microsoft Word because it is much easier to move images / backgrounds and other objects in the design without the formatting getting messed up. In your post you mentioned that Maestro Label Designer didn't have functionality that you require. Would you mind providing some additional feedback on the features that you feel it is missing? I can pass those comments onto our development team so we can consider adding the features.

Thanks.

Dave
#4 Posted : 11/18/2014 11:10:13 PM(EST)
Paper Crafter

Canada

I generally design in Microsoft PowerPoint as this software has allowed to design with minimal limitations. I was having to import designs to Word in order to utilize the template provided by Online Labels; now I'm just importing to Maestro as Word is not cooperative & Maestro does not allow the magnitude of design details we are use to being able to manipulate.

If you are able to pass along the following to the development team and they are able to add these elements it would be great!
~ When creating shapes allow for additional elements such as picture, shapes or textures within the borders (for example if I make a circle with a thickness of .75", I would like the circle to be blue and have chevrons in it)
~ Allowing pictures to be imported within a shape outline and copied multiple times to create a background (for example, draw a square with no fill, outline is green, import shamrock picture within the outline there would be an option to small scale and copy allowing for multiple shamrocks to be present within the border)
~ Allowing the fill to be not only a colour but picture or texture (textures could include but not be limited to:
~ Expand shapes to include call outs and banners to allow for text inputting
~ Allow compound lines to be created with varying widths
~ Allow for dashes on lines (these dashes could be of different shapes; straight, square, heart, round etc)
As I'm a newer user, these are just a few recommendations; as I continue to work with Maestro and input designs I will take note of options that we use and may not be available.
#5 Posted : 11/19/2014 6:11:55 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Paper Crafter - These are excellent ideas. I have passed along your feedback to our development team.

We appreciate any and all recommendations!

Dave C.
#6 Posted : 7/4/2019 7:40:40 PM(EST)
darwinspet

United States

I have spent a totally frustrating and wasted 4th of July just trying to design 1 soap label. It looks like you have great things, unfortunately, none of them will move inside my label. I've picked or dropped or whatever it is to move text or objects. I've free rotated and I can assure you nothing here is free. I managed to move the barcode labels to MS Word, but the file I saved isn't available. I have a soap event in 7 days and I'm beginning to think I should just return your labels I purchased and use the Avery software which is a little painful for cigar labels,
#7 Posted : 7/5/2019 10:27:53 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: darwinspet Go to Quoted Post
I have spent a totally frustrating and wasted 4th of July just trying to design 1 soap label. It looks like you have great things, unfortunately, none of them will move inside my label. I've picked or dropped or whatever it is to move text or objects. I've free rotated and I can assure you nothing here is free. I managed to move the barcode labels to MS Word, but the file I saved isn't available. I have a soap event in 7 days and I'm beginning to think I should just return your labels I purchased and use the Avery software which is a little painful for cigar labels,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Our support team would be happy to help resolve the issues so you can print your design as intended. I am confident we can help resolve your issues.
Without specific details it will challenging to trouble shoot the specific design file. I would prefer not to discuss design files names and specifics in this public forum.

Our phone and email support was closed yesterday due to the 4th of July Holiday, but our team is available today on both phone and email until 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Can you contact us at 1-888-575-2235 or submit a support ticket at the link below?

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

Let us know the specific design file in your Maestro Label Designer account along with specific details of your issue and we should be able to offer a solution to fix the issues.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com