Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/14/2014 11:18:15 AM(EST)
tonitrue

United States

I recently purchased OL1102WI - Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet Labels for my lip balm tubes. They came out beautiful but the ink is smearing onto the tubes when handled. I printed them using a brand new HP Envy printer with the setting at basic everyday printing. I also let the labels sit for a few days before using them. The smearing does not occur on the labels themselves, just on anything else they come in contact with. Thanks for your help.
#2 Posted : 11/14/2014 4:34:58 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. Our weatherproof inkjet materials behave differently than our paper-based materials - they incorporate a special topcoat that absorbs ink and protects it from moisture. If the weatherproof topcoat becomes over-saturated with ink it can cause the print to look blurry and possibly smudge in contact with moisture. The best way to resolve this issue is to reduce the print quality setting in your printer options from best to normal, or possibly even from normal to draft. Doing this should output less ink and provide a cleaner, more durable print. If your printer has an option for DPI (dots per inch) then reducing that setting should have the same effect.

Please give this a try and let me know if that improves the performance.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional details please just let me know!

Thanks.

Dave C.
#3 Posted : 9/22/2015 11:48:31 AM(EST)
eichelem

I use these all the time and love em. The only issue I run into with them happens when using a personal die cutter. They're difficult to cut through at times!

Make sure to have the proper paper setting selected when printing. I use a glossy photo paper setting. I've never had an issue with smearing. I use a epson photo stylus 1400. It has three settings for glossy photo. Either of the 3 I've tested come out nice.

Good luck!