Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/21/2014 8:05:34 PM(EST)
Schwiggiddy

United States

I'm interested in a specific label type. It'd be round and 2 or 2.5, maybe 3 inches in diameter. The catch is that a chord amounting to a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the diameter on one side would be detachable with no adhesive.

In case such a thing is not possible (which I'm pretty sure it is because I feel like I've seen something like it before), the intended use is as a warning label for the bottom of a candle jar, but with the detachable component meant for the prices. People buy a candle, they don't want the price label stuck to it with super adhesive or marring the side of the jar, and I don't want to mess with tie tags for the purpose.

What can be done?

Chord label
#2 Posted : 12/22/2014 7:43:36 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. We do not have anything like this available as a standard item at this time. To make something like this we would have to custom coat our raw label stock (put adhesive in only certain sections of the raw material). For us to do this cost effectively, we would need to sell very large quantities of this label (in the hundreds of thousand of sheets). I would say that this is not something that we would consider doing at this time unless your required quantity is very large (in the hundreds of thousands).

You may want to consider going to a label company that is more focused on custom label solutions. They could pre-print the labels on a removable stock and then deaden a small section of the adhesive.

You may want to try contacting Consolidated Label (http://www.consolidatedlabel.com) to see if they can help with your needs. They are focused on custom label products and would definitely be able to produce a custom label that would fit your needs. It may be expensive per label though depending on the quantity that you require. There are definitely some set up costs to creating something like this.

I hope this information helps.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:35:46 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified