Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/27/2014 12:50:42 AM(EST)
retamrap

United States

i seem to have lost some of my mail merge functionality.
i use label OL244.
last week i was able to;
use many more fonts
when editing a text field, i was given the option for just that label or for the entire sheet
when starting a mail merge, i would be asked to create a text field to import to.

what am i doing wrong? what has changed?

#2 Posted : 12/28/2014 6:35:11 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
When using the mail merge functionality in Maestro Label Designer, our system is not able to use the fonts installed on your system. Therefore, it is a limited font set (I believe there are only 8 font sets). This has always been the functionality. We are working on ways to extend the number of fonts that are available for our mail merge functionality and we hope to have more options in the near future.

For non-mail merge text objects in the design, you have access to all your fonts installed on your system. It may be possible that you had added a non-mail merge text object when you saw access to more fonts.

If you want full access to the fonts on your system, you may want to consider designing your labels in Microsoft Word and using Microsoft Word to do your mail merge. Here is an article on the topic.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Articles/creating_mail_merge_labels_2007.htm

In regards to the other issues you mention. When using our mail merge functionality in Maestro Label Designer, the system is always in Standard Design Mode. When in Standard Design Mode, any change you make are always applied to every label on the sheet. You aren't given an option to vary the design of the labels on the sheet. Only the mail merge text fields will vary from label to label. Whenever you start a mail merge in Maestro Label Designer, it allows you to add/import the text fields to the design.

I hope this information helps.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com