Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/3/2015 11:49:34 AM(EST)
supersticky

United States

Good morning I'm glad I found this forum after looking for info for 2 days on the web.

I use online labels to make hershey kiss labels I also use the 1.67" round labels for other things.

The software I used is LABEL FACTORY DELUXE. IT WAS PERFECT.

The problem is I got a new computer for Christmas and it's running Microsoft 8.1 which will no longer support Label Factory Deluxe.
All my designs are now useless. I need to find another software program that I CAN OWN and will let me design and import pictures on
.75 and 1.67" round labels.
#2 Posted : 1/3/2015 4:44:52 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Unfortunately, there are not many label programs that have good support for round labels. Most programs out there make you set up circles as squares so it becomes very difficult to line them up.

Our Maestro Label Designer software handles circles well and should have all the functionality that you require. It is web-based and uses an activation code model. There is nothing to download.

I have gone ahead and generated a 12 month activation code for you. Based on your order history, it looks like you have been consistently getting activation codes (you have never used them). If you log in to Maestro Label Designer using your normal login and password for our website, you will find the new code that I generated for you located in the activation code section of the software. We will be happy to provide additional codes for you based on your order history.

You can launch Maestro Label Designer at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro

I think you will find that Maestro Label Designer is probably your best option for formatting these types of labels.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 1/4/2015 10:14:52 AM(EST)
supersticky

United States

Thank you very much Dave. That was very nice of you. You're right, I've never tried Maestro I just ordered labels from you. Your labels are superb. I have some address labels from idk where and they are just terrible. It's hard to believe and address label can be terrible. That's why I always come back here.

Excellent customer service. I'll come back and give an update when I get a chance.

#4 Posted : 1/4/2015 2:08:19 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I'm glad I could help. Please let us know how things go with Maestro Label Designer.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 1/4/2015 7:43:13 PM(EST)
supersticky

United States

I played with it just bit today I'll have to get use to it. couple of things I need to do
I printed a page and it wasn't aligned right so I have to go back and read the message that popped up I didn't have time earlier

I was wondering is there a way to print a couple of labels instead of the whole page. I did that alot before.

I'm not complaining just getting use to new things. I'm a bit stressed because the last 10 years of all my designs are useless because I can't get anything or any program I have to open up in Windows 8.1

Thanks again
#6 Posted : 1/4/2015 9:00:18 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I'm sure if it will take a little time to get used to Maestro Label Designer since you haven't used it before. Once you get used to it, I think you will find it very easy to use.

In order to print only certain labels on the page, you will need to use our feature that allows you to create multiple designs on the label sheet and select which labels you want blank on the sheet.

You can read the tutorial on how to create multiple designs on a label sheet at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/howto/how-to-design-multiple-label-designs-in-maestro.htm

From an alignment perspective, it is critical that you that you have page scaling set to None when printing the PDF. If you let me know specifics about how the alignment is off then I can give more detailed instructions for troubleshooting.

I know that switching to a different program can be a real pain. In regards to Windows 8, there is a compatibility mode that should allow you to install / run programs that worked in prior versions of Windows. You may be able to get your Label Factory Deluxe software to work. Here are some instructions I found on the topic on Microsoft's website.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I hope this information helps.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 1/10/2015 1:52:51 PM(EST)
supersticky

United States

Hi Dave I've had a chance to play around with Maestro and this is what's happening. I give you my specs
Windows 8.1
Firefox browser.

I'm trying to print on label number OL5275WX 108 circles

When I launched print preview it said I was using firefox and told me what changes to make
I did that

then I printed a sheet and all the labels are printing to far off the left of the labels
I didn't change any settings I left it at the default template setting.

Thanks in advance
#8 Posted : 1/10/2015 2:23:54 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Can you confirm if you are using Adobe Reader as opposed to the built-in PDF viewer in Firefox? Here are some instructions on how to change the default PDF viewer in Firefox to Adobe Reader.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-built-pdf-viewer-and-use-another-viewer

You mentioned that the printing is too far to the left. Is the printing too far to the left on all labels on the sheet or just some of them? If the printing is too far to the left by same amount - how far is it off (exact measurement)? Is everything perfect top to bottom?

Let me know and I can make recommendations.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com.
#9 Posted : 1/10/2015 4:17:43 PM(EST)
supersticky

United States

Can you confirm if you are using Adobe Reader as opposed to the built-in PDF viewer in Firefox? Here are some instructions on how to change the default PDF viewer in Firefox to Adobe Reader.

https://support.mozilla....r-and-use-another-viewer

I did this already I have to save it as a pdf then print it correct?

You mentioned that the printing is too far to the left. Is the printing too far to the left on all labels on the sheet or just some of them? If the printing is too far to the left by same amount - how far is it off (exact measurement)?

I'm not sure how to give you the exact measurements

Is everything perfect top to bottom?
No, the writing is to low on the circle and
prints off the left side of the label
Is it possible for me to send you the file and you take a look at it that way.

Let me know and I can make recommendations.
#10 Posted : 1/10/2015 4:53:56 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

If you have the settings changed in Firefox to use Adobe Reader, you shouldn't have to save the file and open it up in Adobe Reader. It should automatically open in Adobe Reader from Firefox. It is OK to save the file and open it in Adobe Reader. It just adds a step to the process. The critical item is that you are using Adobe Reader which it sounds like you are using it.

To get the measurements, you will need to use a ruler. You will need to measure the amount it is too far to the left and measure the amount it is too low? Once I have know how far it is off to the left and too low, I can give you adjustments that you can make to the template.

I am happy to review the file in Maestro Label Designer. Just let me know the name of the file and I can take a look.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#11 Posted : 1/10/2015 9:33:49 PM(EST)
supersticky

United States

is there to send it to you direct message
#12 Posted : 1/11/2015 7:54:36 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Yes - you can submit information to us at the link below.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

Please make sure to reference this forum post in your request.

http://forums.onlinelabels.com/postst862_Round-Label-hershey-kiss-software-needed.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#13 Posted : 1/11/2015 9:25:13 PM(EST)
supersticky

United States

Thank you I sent you the info.
#14 Posted : 1/12/2015 11:20:37 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

I spoke to Jason in our customer service department this morning. He confirmed that he received your information, spoke to you, and helped you make all appropriate adjustments.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#15 Posted : 1/12/2015 8:59:55 PM(EST)
supersticky

United States

Yes I was coming on here to give you praises.

Online labels has the best customer service, period.

David and Jason worked with me until the problem was solved. Both of them were patient and kind and every question was answered.

Thank you again.
Katherine
A satisfied customer
#16 Posted : 1/13/2015 5:31:11 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad we could help.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com